PDA

View Full Version : Part built Gen 2 AK

chesterak
28-11-17, 10:22 PM
I've been trying to build this car for a few years but medical issues have overtaken me. I am very reluctantly testing the water for interest but it won't be a giveaway.
Everything is new except for the reconditioned (as new) Jaguar parts and BMW steering column. I have receipts for major (and most) components to enable new registration.
Engine is LS1 with GM Performance cam, BBK intake and 90mm TB. I had technical advice during the engine customisation given by a GM expert it should be good for around 430bhp. Gearbox is TKO 600 with clutch and lightened flywheel package from Repower.
I have everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) to complete the build: Richfield leather IVA compatible seats, full set of ETB gauges, 3 core custom copper radiator, Image wheels and tyres, all lighting, oil cooler Aston filler cap and all wiring.
The chassis is fully built but not set up, Fuel tank, fuel lines, pump and filer installed, power steering rack installed, brake lines manufactured but not fully installed.
Body has been trial fitted for sidepipe cut outs and then removed. Front and rear lights fitted and all wiring installed, heater and duct installed, Painless Performance efi loom installed with GM pcm. Brake and clutch master cylinders fitted, pedal box fitted.
All door locks, hinges, wiper motor and lights supplied by S and J. Windscreen and Aston filler cap supplied by Brasscraft. Sidepipes supplied by Dave Brooks.
The work carried out so far is to an extremely high standard with no expense spared.

PLEASE, serious enquiries only as its hard enough...I can send pics if required.

Located in Chester, Cheshire.

String
28-11-17, 10:58 PM
Stan, what a frustration for you having gotten so far with this build. Could a local builder complete the last few aspects of the construction so it could be sold as a completed car, and you could enjoy driving it for a few weeks? Of course, this may not be possible for you with your circumstances.

Best with your sale whatever you do.

kdavies3
29-11-17, 09:07 AM
Stan, it might be obvious but you should talk to Anthony (Absolute Horsepower).

chesterak
29-11-17, 10:51 AM
Hi Kev,
I did contact Anthony a while back but he us extremely busy....Dave Brooks is also busy but I cant think why :-) :-)

To be honest I'm not completely sure I want to sell given the work so far - I'm struggling not to give mixed messages as I don't want to waste anyone's time.

If I do decide to part with it then this would be an ideal project for someone who wants to save time for kit delivery and a few hundred hours of work - not to mention VAT etc....

Kind Regards,

Stan

AKCobra
29-11-17, 11:20 AM
Sorry to hear this Stan, well at least you can rest in that it will go on the road after all your hard work.

Do you have a ball park figure in mind? is the car painted?

Alan.

chrisfreemanuk
04-12-17, 09:06 PM
Hi Stan,

I've just retired and am looking for a project and this could be right up my street.

Would it be possible to see some photographs of your progress to date?

Many thanks,

Chris

chesterak
05-12-17, 09:47 AM
Hi Chris
I'll send some pics to your email address this morning.
Kind Regards
Stan

chesterak
28-12-17, 09:55 PM
Now sold. Thanks everyone for all the help and advice over the years. Don't think I will be trying to build another one but I'm staying as a club member. I don't mind helping other local builders if needed....