PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar handbrake assembly

chrisfreemanuk
12-01-18, 09:35 PM
Hi,

Has anyone got a picture or can you tell me where the exterior spring should be mounted, I'm referring to the largish black one which looks like it should go somewhere near the pivot point.

Thanks,

Chris

Mike Price
13-01-18, 11:52 AM
Hi Chris,
Drawing attached, Have handbrake on the bench if you require photos.
Cheers
Mike.

Hi,

Has anyone got a picture or can you tell me where the exterior spring should be mounted, I'm referring to the largish black one which looks like it should go somewhere near the pivot point.

Thanks,

Chris

chrisfreemanuk
13-01-18, 01:10 PM
Pictures please Mike. The reason I ask is that the drawing isn't clear as to where the spring is mounted ie is it external or internal on the arm?

Thanks,

Chris

conrod
13-01-18, 04:09 PM
Chris,

A common question! You'll find a couple of photos in this thread (http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31563) that should help!

Mike Price
13-01-18, 04:38 PM
Hi Chris,
Hope these help.
Mike.

Pictures please Mike. The reason I ask is that the drawing isn't clear as to where the spring is mounted ie is it external or internal on the arm?

Thanks,

Chris

chrisfreemanuk
13-01-18, 04:54 PM
That's brilliant.

Many thanks Mike.

Chris

chrisfreemanuk
13-01-18, 05:01 PM
Thanks Alan,

I did use the search function but got nowhere!

Have just painted up the mounting so the first dry fix should be early next week.

Chris

conrod
13-01-18, 06:18 PM
No problem Chris. The forum search ignores words of three letters or less, such as Dax, XJS, oil, jet, CRC etc. The best way to find things on here is to do an ordinary google.com search, adding site:cobraclub.com at the end after the search terms.