PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy cap and leads

RallyRoss
23-02-18, 08:04 PM
Evening

I want to tidy up the engine a bit and I’m for changing the distributor cap and leads for blue ones.
Where’s the best place to buy and is it a straight forward job provided I get the lead order the right way round? I’m assuming yes but I’ve been wrong before(!)
Thanks
Ross

Danzoe01
23-02-18, 08:08 PM
Hi pal , try jim at jrv8 . Top man , in Northern Ireland. You can find his phone number in internet!

RallyRoss
23-02-18, 08:26 PM
Cool, thanks I’ve dropped him an email

cobracol
28-02-18, 06:27 PM
I used Formula Power for my custom length/colour/diameter plugleads great quality and service, https://www.formulapower.com/

nealgs
28-02-18, 08:21 PM
What engine Ross? if rover - then jrv8 as mentioned if ford or chevy, then realsteel is worth a shout - i bought blue max spiral MSD plug leads, you cut to length and fit plug end i think it is, so you can get the right size you need.

rgds
Gary

Whit427
28-02-18, 09:29 PM
Hi
Any body used one of those "trick " Crossover distributor caps where the leads come out 4 one side and 4 the other instead of the usual birds nest
for a Chevy engine
Jon W

russell_ram2
01-03-18, 06:43 AM
What engine Ross? if rover - then jrv8, as mentioned, will probably tell you not to bother with the blue cap, they're generally aftermarket crap and the cause of many a mystery misfire. Buy a LR branded black one from a main dealer.

Fixed that for you.

Russ

nealgs
01-03-18, 09:35 AM
Fixed that for you.

Russ

Lol Russ - i didn't actually notice the blue dizzy cap as well as blue leads, just thought blue plug leads. My cap and leads where both MSD ones :)

Gary