PDA

View Full Version : IVA forms and process questions

pevans
01-02-19, 11:52 AM
Hi all,
After another very long break in my SRV8 build I am finally completing my IVA forms with the hope of getting her tested for this summer.
Being an SRV8 I am now very much on my own with some of the details but I have most of it filled in with a few assumptions. My current confusion is over the engine age and emissions. I have a 1970 Ford 429 so it needs to be tested as per its age. On the IVA forms it asks for engine details but at no point does it ask about the age.
At what stage in the process does this get established if it is not on the application form? I am a little concerned as these old Ford big blocks only had casting identification on them. I do have a book explaining the casting codes and it is very clear what my engine is, but I want to get things right for the IVA as it would never pass modern emissions.

Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

seph
01-02-19, 12:31 PM
You will have to get the engine/block verified by somebody off their official list of whom does this. This will then give you the proof of age and prove you block is what it is, this is required by IVA so you will need to get it done

Paul

petrolhead27
01-02-19, 11:38 PM
paul you need to contact peter knight of knight racing services he is a ford expert and will authenticate your engine age. youll need to send him some pics of your date codes on your block .he will then allocate you an engine number to put on your forms and stamp in the block .This is now your engine number and a certificate will be issued for iva .He charges about £130 if i remember correctly and is the best way imho.
hope this helps

andy pandy
10-02-19, 10:25 AM
Go to real steel they charged me 30 quid

pevans
06-08-19, 10:19 PM
I had my engine authenticated today by the extremely helpful Mick Sollis at Southern GT in Hampshire as he is local to me (they build very nice GT40's). http://www.southerngt.co.uk/
Most importantly as well as being really helpful he charged an very reasonable £25 rather than the £130 Knight racing want to rob you for 15 minutes work !!!

johnnyoz
07-08-19, 03:47 PM
I had my engine authenticated today by the extremely helpful Mick Sollis at Southern GT in Hampshire as he is local to me (they build very nice GT40's). http://www.southerngt.co.uk/
Most importantly as well as being really helpful he charged an very reasonable £25 rather than the £130 Knight racing want to rob you for 15 minutes work !!!

And did they need to see the vehicle for £25? I knoe RealSteel do.
Turns out a bit more expensive if you have to get the vehicle transported

KevinW
07-08-19, 04:50 PM
Roadcraft might be able to help - they are nearby - give them a call.
https://roadcraftuk.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact

Or give Anthony an Abolute Horsepower a call.

pevans
07-08-19, 05:49 PM
I took lots of pictures and documents along showing my engine, the build of my car, the casting numbers, it at the IVA, reference books about my engine with tables of casting numbers etc. Like I say a nice and helpful guy...I think i want a GT 40 now !