PDA

View Full Version : Wind wings and side mirrors

Gav
11-03-19, 04:34 PM
Ok,
Finally got round to fitting my windwings 2yrs post IVA. They foul the pillar side mounted mirrors.
I do have a set of round ones which i have held off drilling bodywork until now as general opinion seems that these have poor field of view.
Any ideas?
Regards
Gav

AKCharlie
11-03-19, 06:37 PM
That is a common issue but there is a way around it!! You put the rh mirror on the lh and vice versa. Hence the bracket that is for rh is now on lh side etc. You will then note that the bracket that fits the windscreen upright is then more toward the front of the car. It works and looks ok. Excellent viewing with these mirrors
CheersCharlie

Ok,
Finally got round to fitting my windwings 2yrs post IVA. They foul the pillar side mounted mirrors.
I do have a set of round ones which i have held off drilling bodywork until now as general opinion seems that these have poor field of view.
Any ideas?
Regards
Gav

Gav
12-03-19, 09:57 PM
Hi,
Cheers charlie.
Took the glass out of both mirrors and undone the central cross head in the ball socket then swapped the two mirror housings around and then replaced the glass. Makes a massive difference. Will try out on next run.
Regards
Gav

Legendary 427
17-04-19, 09:14 PM
Ok,

Yes that's what I'm finding so want to fit some windscreen frame mounted ones. I can't really tell from your photos what sort have you got and where did you ge the mirrors?

AKCharlie
18-04-19, 10:37 AM
S&J Motors. Speak to John on 01257262881
Charlie

Legendary 427
18-04-19, 10:14 PM
S&J Motors. Speak to John on 01257262881
Charlie

Thanks Charlie

Gav
19-04-19, 10:23 AM
Sorry been camping.
Only thing i have found now is passenger one is now useless.
Regards
Gav

AKCharlie
21-04-19, 07:49 AM
Mine is good!

Sorry been camping.
Only thing i have found now is passenger one is now useless.
Regards
Gav