PDA

View Full Version : I am finally registered !!!!!!!

pevans
27-09-19, 04:44 PM
After a nail biting couple of weeks since my IVA I recevied my registration details today!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo happy, apart from the weather!
The lady at the DVLA was incredibly helpful and pushed it through for the weekend for me.
I even have everything I hoped for, an age related 1973 'L' reg .

I will be on the road early tomorrow morning if it doesnt rain, assuming I get any sleep at all !

Daryn Smith
27-09-19, 04:45 PM
Enjoy, dont forget your wet weather gear :)

BobMin
27-09-19, 05:04 PM
First stop, Hindhead Tunnel!! :-)
I might hear you go past on the A3

AKBaz
27-09-19, 05:44 PM
Good news Paul, here's hoping for good weather for you😀

Oh how I love tunnels, got a few near me. I'm sure when i go through them i can see mortar coming of the walls in my rear view mirror.

Baz

KevinW
27-09-19, 06:46 PM
Congrats -
- just be careful on the wet roads - these cars spin very easily.

pevans
27-09-19, 08:25 PM
Im going to be driving extremely slowly and locally tomorrow making sure things dont fall off and the oil stays in the engine! Im not going out unless the roads are dry with a complete unknown 7L engine .
Weather is complete pants on Sunday by the look of it but it is Goodwood meet...hmmmmm Does an unbrella count as wet weather gear ?

KevinW
27-09-19, 10:14 PM
- in the same boat re;Sunday.
Hoping the weather will improve

pevans
28-09-19, 04:08 PM
So, I have been out for a few short drives round the local streets, nothing above 40mph. Everything is still where it is meant to be and nothing blew up so that is good.
Also gearing seems good with very long gears which is just right for the lazy engine. I think it would probably do 50 in first gear if I tried!
Sound is lovely when you press what is definitiely the loud pedal.
On the flip side the handling is absolutely terrible! Not a big surprise considering I have done no alignment other than visual. The front is wandering all over the place and every bump sets it off in a different direction! Looks like I have some work to do.
Also got some work to do with the Hurst shifter system. I had all the gears ok when cold but after a 15 minute drive it is starting to struggle with 2nd and fourth so I have some adjusting there to do.
Overall pretty happy, but hopefully can blame not driving her to Goodwood on the weather as it is definietly a bit far for her at the moment!

KevinW
28-09-19, 08:09 PM
72% chance of rain at Goodwood tomorrow.
Think I'm a no show, as haven't even got a tonneau.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/7730473