PDA

View Full Version : Covid - IVA opening

Julesdm
20-05-20, 12:20 PM
Has anyone had any news on when the test centres are to open....if they haven't already. Gillingham will be my local one!

Mark_Robinson
20-05-20, 12:32 PM
I sent a message to the DVSA a couple of days ago asking the same question but they haven't replied yet. I'll let you know if i hear anything. My centre is Derby though.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark_Robinson
13-06-20, 08:53 PM
I phoned the automated help line up a few days ago and they said they will start to replan the IVA test from (i think) 23rd June and give 2 weeks notice so that would make the first tests planned for 07th July. reality might be slightly different though. Mine was booked for 20th March (1 day after they closed them all) so i should be somewhere close to the top of the queue.

cheers,
Mark

Julesdm
15-06-20, 12:13 PM
Just got it back from paint, off to trimmers on 1/07 for 4 weeks, so should dove tail in nicely.

Julesdm
29-06-20, 12:58 PM
Mark any news? planning on sending my application off in two weeks.

regards

Jules
I phoned the automated help line up a few days ago and they said they will start to replan the IVA test from (i think) 23rd June and give 2 weeks notice so that would make the first tests planned for 07th July. reality might be slightly different though. Mine was booked for 20th March (1 day after they closed them all) so i should be somewhere close to the top of the queue.

cheers,
Mark

Mark_Robinson
29-06-20, 04:29 PM
Mark any news? planning on sending my application off in two weeks.

regards

Jules

I tried to call today but couldn't get through to anyone at the DVSA. The automated helpline said they would get in touch at the end of June to start rebooking cancelled tests though. My maths might not be all that great but I'm fairly certain that only leaves today and tomorrow.

Mark_Robinson
29-06-20, 04:35 PM
I've just managed to get through to them. The DVSA don't have a firm date yet when the test centres will be re-opened. They do know though that the people who had their tests cancelled will be re-planned first (notified by email) and then new-bookings will be planned afterwards. If i was trying to book a test date, i would get the paperwork and application submitted to join the queue of people wanting a test.

Mark_Robinson
02-07-20, 05:43 PM
I've just received an email from the DVSA advising that IVA bookings and Test Centres are now open again (or at least from the 04th July). It appears there is a new form to complete (PT1) if you had your test cancelled due to COVID-19. I'll let everyone know how i get on with the application process (any pitfalls etc).

Cheers,
Mark

cperry
03-07-20, 02:57 PM
EMailed my PT1 off this morning, I like the bit about disinfecting the interior surfaces (or quarantining the car for 72 hours) before test.

Craig.

Mark_Robinson
03-07-20, 05:07 PM
I was curious about the option to do it virtually. Unfortunately i haven't got a lift or pit so i can't but i don't reallu know how they would test the intensity or angle of the headlights remotely.

Julesdm
03-07-20, 05:13 PM
Just filled in the IVA forms and Declaration form. Last page of IVA form.....am i a Covid response vehicle....? Do i need a priority booking.......the answer to the later is YES...i want to see some of this summer in the car! .. however, just getting the forms in now whilst the car is at the trimmers in the hope of getting in the queue for Gillingham.

KevinW
03-07-20, 05:16 PM
Just filled in the IVA forms and Declaration form. Last page of IVA form.....am i a Covid response vehicle....? Do i need a priority booking.......the answer to the later is YES...i want to see some of this summer in the car! .. however, just getting the forms in now whilst the car is at the trimmers in the hope of getting in the queue for Gillingham.

Be sure to avoid stickers on your switches at Gillingham ;)

Julesdm
06-07-20, 01:21 PM
No stickers on the car kevin. Just some wheel arch extenders!!!!
Be sure to avoid stickers on your switches at Gillingham ;)

Mark_Robinson
06-07-20, 07:16 PM
I've just submitted my PT1 form and received the reply below. Thought it may be helpful to others finding their way through the process.

Cheers,
Mark

"Dear Customer

We can confirm we have received your email.

We appreciate your understanding during this time and ask that you do not send repeat emails.

To protect from Covid – 19 contamination, testing is to continue under special conditions.

From 1 July, IVA, MSVA and COIF applications must be on the latest version of the application form (June 2020). If you use this form, a PT1 is not required. If you do not use this form in future your application will be rejected.

If your IVA, COIF or MSVA application was on an earlier form and has been processed and released for inspection, you will need to complete a PT1 application and send it to this mailbox to get an appointment for inspection.

Test appointments for IVA cannot be obtained by calling the national number. We will contact you in due course to arrange an appointment.

Full details of the special conditions appertaining to your particular vehicle category can be found on the relevant “June 2020” application form.

Thank you for your cooperation during these difficult times.

DVSA Vehicle Test Bookings Team"

kdavies3
06-07-20, 08:43 PM
Thanks for that Mark,
I am nearing putting in my application.
Any idea what the number of the the new form is?

Mark_Robinson
06-07-20, 09:51 PM
The link below takes you to the page for the instructions for rebooking a test. There's also a link to the current version of the IVA form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/arrange-your-vehicle-approval-test-if-you-applied-before-1-july-2020

kdavies3
07-07-20, 09:22 AM
Thanks Mark.

cperry
07-07-20, 01:38 PM
I've just submitted my PT1 form and received the reply below. Thought it may be helpful to others finding their way through the process.

Cheers,
Mark

"Dear Customer

We can confirm we have received your email.

We appreciate your understanding during this time and ask that you do not send repeat emails.

To protect from Covid – 19 contamination, testing is to continue under special conditions.

From 1 July, IVA, MSVA and COIF applications must be on the latest version of the application form (June 2020). If you use this form, a PT1 is not required. If you do not use this form in future your application will be rejected.

If your IVA, COIF or MSVA application was on an earlier form and has been processed and released for inspection, you will need to complete a PT1 application and send it to this mailbox to get an appointment for inspection.

Test appointments for IVA cannot be obtained by calling the national number. We will contact you in due course to arrange an appointment.

Full details of the special conditions appertaining to your particular vehicle category can be found on the relevant “June 2020” application form.

Thank you for your cooperation during these difficult times.

DVSA Vehicle Test Bookings Team"

I sent mine last Friday, but didn't get a reply, might need to give them a call now.

Mark_Robinson
07-07-20, 02:01 PM
i got the reply within a couple of minutes of sending the email.

cperry
09-07-20, 11:10 AM
I've Emailed twice now, no reply are you using the emergency.iva.test Email address referred to on the PT1 form, or replying to Email you've received?

Ignore me, it's gone into my Junk folder...….

Mark_Robinson
09-07-20, 12:27 PM
I sent mine to the emergency IVA email address. I haven't had any further contact from them though. Might be getting time to try and call them.

Julesdm
15-07-20, 12:31 PM
Mark

IVA registered and paid up yesterday. I got an email telling me to call a central number to book a test......how exciting....."oh no we cant book you in yet as you are not a response vehicle."

Their start date for amateur build tests was meant to be next week and the guy on the phone said this has been pushed a week. Hmmmm. He also said that if applied and paid in July, he reckons on at least a 2 month wait......

Anyone else had an up date?

Jules

Mark_Robinson
15-07-20, 07:47 PM
That explains why i haven't heard anything. I keep meaning to call them but work is getting in the way!

cperry
15-07-20, 07:57 PM
Mark

IVA registered and paid up yesterday. I got an email telling me to call a central number to book a test......how exciting....."oh no we cant book you in yet as you are not a response vehicle."

Their start date for amateur build tests was meant to be next week and the guy on the phone said this has been pushed a week. Hmmmm. He also said that if applied and paid in July, he reckons on at least a 2 month wait......

Anyone else had an up date?

Jules

Two months?? I would think you can double that if you’re a new applicant.

Mine was cancelled and I was told “expect a new date 3 months after the cancelled one”.

That puts me on Monday next week, I’m still waiting for someone to phone me after submitting my PT1 with a new date.

kdavies3
16-07-20, 09:00 AM
I'd better get my finger out and get an application in then it would seem.

aaronjb
16-07-20, 09:19 AM
I'd better get my finger out and get an application in then it would seem.

Apply now for your IVA in 2021 :mrgreen: (probably still a little soon for me..)

Mark_Robinson
17-07-20, 10:52 AM
Has anyone actually got a date confirmed after submitting the PT1 form? I've just tried to followup my application and phoned using the 03001239000 number and it wouldn't even connect to get to talk to someone. Might have to look for another phone number.

Julesdm
17-07-20, 12:36 PM
that number is bizarre as it does not connect.....if you try again it will connect....hit and miss.....i reckon it is a divert to one of the operatives at home.

Has anyone actually got a date confirmed after submitting the PT1 form? I've just tried to followup my application and phoned using the 03001239000 number and it wouldn't even connect to get to talk to someone. Might have to look for another phone number.

Mark_Robinson
17-07-20, 01:44 PM
I'll give it another go.

Mark_Robinson
17-07-20, 03:55 PM
I've just got through to the 0300 phone number. The actuall bookings are dealt centrally so the helpline don't have any visibility of timescales to receive a test date. Apparently those who had tests cancelled are processed as a priority though. The lady i spoke to wasn't sure (to be expected given that she didn't have visibility of the bookings) but she thought you would get around a fortights notice as to when your test date would be. She also mentioned that the method of receiving a test date would be for the DVSA to phone you with a proposed date and not by email.

Julesdm
04-08-20, 11:24 AM
Now a month since the centres apparently opened.....has anyone heard a thing yet?!?!?!?!?!

Mark_Robinson
04-08-20, 11:48 AM
Absolutely nothing. The guidance that the DVSA contacting me rather than being able to pester them is making it even more difficult to chase them as well. The people at the end of the 0300 number don't have any way of contacting those scheduling the tests so there's little value in pestering them.

aksportscars
04-08-20, 05:27 PM
Hi,

Got my first customer built test date through last week, he did have his date cancelled when lockdown hit. Date is in 5 weeks time.
Have been told cancelled tests will be first and customers will be contacted. Test times have been increased from 4 to 5 hours so getting slots are harder.

Jon

AK Sportscars

Mark_Robinson
04-08-20, 07:22 PM
Mine is a re-test following the original re-test being cancelled due to COVID so hopefully I'll get a phone call soon.

cperry
04-08-20, 08:35 PM
I had a test cancelled in February due to equipment failure, second date was issued but then cancelled due to lockdown so I’m nearly 6 months overdue.

Still waiting for a phone call.

Mark_Robinson
07-08-20, 03:10 PM
Woohoo. I'm booked in at Oldham on the 14th Aug.

It appears there's a step in the process they didn't mention previously. As soon as your PT1 form has been accepted. You need to send an email to ivaappointments.co.uk. Stating that your PT1 has been approved and you need to request a test date. You also need to include a copy of your PT1, TAS ref and the VIN code. You also need to state where your preference is for the Test centre.
Apparently there are some issues in getting Derby up and running again (don't know the details) but Nottingham and Oldham are OK.

Cheers,
Mark

Julesdm
07-08-20, 06:49 PM
mark the email you quote is a web address, do you have the email address you sent to?
Woohoo. I'm booked in at Oldham on the 14th Aug.

It appears there's a step in the process they didn't mention previously. As soon as your PT1 form has been accepted. You need to send an email to ivaappointments.co.uk. Stating that your PT1 has been approved and you need to request a test date. You also need to include a copy of your PT1, TAS ref and the VIN code. You also need to state where your preference is for the Test centre.
Apparently there are some issues in getting Derby up and running again (don't know the details) but Nottingham and Oldham are OK.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark_Robinson
07-08-20, 07:03 PM
ahh. good point. Obviously too excited at getting a booking!
the email is
ivaapointments@dvsa.gov.uk

I phoned the 0300 number to find out what was going on and it was them who advised the email address (in case I've got the dvsa.gov.uk part wrong). After i spoke to the 0300 helpful person and noted the email address, i was phoned back by a very helpful lady who booked me in. I could have had an earlier date at Nottingham if i didnt already have prior plans. In fact, i could have had tomorrow! They are obviously making efforts to catch up on the backlog.

Cheers,
Mark

KugaWestie
08-08-20, 08:02 PM
the email is

I phoned the 0300 number to find out what was going on and it was them who advised the email address (in case I've got the dvsa.gov.uk part wrong). After i spoke to the 0300 helpful person and noted the email address, i was phoned back by a very helpful lady who booked me in. I could have had an earlier date at Nottingham if i didnt already have prior plans. In fact, i could have had tomorrow! They are obviously making efforts to catch up on the backlog.

Cheers,
Mark

can you double check the email address please Mark. I just shared your information with a mate who is waiting for a test date and the email address was rejected

Mark_Robinson
08-08-20, 09:58 PM
I'll have a look when i get to my work computer on Monday. I was quite surprised at how quickly they phoned me back when i explained (via the 0300 number) that i had been waiting for a month and was advised they would contact myself via phone. It was arranged in a matter of minutes. That might be the quickest way of getting an appointment.

Daryn Smith
09-08-20, 11:59 AM
the email is

Mark

Appointment has two of these 'p' characters.

Mark_Robinson
09-08-20, 12:41 PM
I must still be a big giddy...

Julesdm
10-08-20, 12:58 PM
Darn......just sent to the email address and automatic message pops back....it is only allocated for amending arranged dates and for those of you that are awaiting a re test...........for us meer mortals awaiting our first date......dont call us we will call you!

KugaWestie
12-08-20, 12:09 PM
the email is

Cheers,
Mark

What is the 0300 number you rang Mark?

Mark_Robinson
12-08-20, 07:39 PM
This is the one.

Mark_Robinson
14-08-20, 09:54 PM
So....

I went for my IVA retest today. All good up to the point where they check the speedo. Frustraitingly it decided it didn't want to work. Otherwise they were happy with the car. I can't praise the Oldham centre more highly though. Very patient withg me whilst i tried to figure out what the problem was. i just need to book for another re-test now when the Speedo feels like working.....

KevinW
15-08-20, 12:24 PM
That's a good result for a first test. You should be in and out in a jiffy on the re-test - well done.

Mark_Robinson
15-08-20, 01:03 PM
Sadly it was the retest but I'm allowed to book a further retest before 31st Aug.
The really frustrating part is that on the original test in Nov, the speedo failed. I fixed it and it ran fine all the time from Dec upto Thursday night. Somehow between Thursday evening and getting the car to the test centre (on the back of a trailer), it stopped working again. I've had the back of the dash in bits and the speedo itself is getting 12v OK. I just need to take the transmission tunnel off again to double check the sensor is working before scratching my head trying to figure out what failed.

When the ignition is switched on, the speedo does the sweep and illuminates so it's definately getting power.

In Nov, it was that the sensor had come loose so wasn't close enough to the diff UJ. I can see from underneath that it's still in place so maybe it's the thin wires from the sensor to the wiring loom that have failed.

I'm using one of these sensors. I've always been concerned about the fragility of the wiring but hoped that if it was secured it would be OK.

https://www.europaspares.com/smiths-electrical-speedo-sender-sensor-inductive-with-led-indicator-33mm-long-m8-thr.html

Mark_Robinson
15-08-20, 01:10 PM
Eventualy it will be on the road under it's own power.....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Eu7tQKqWwT9ej7ZT7

KevinW
15-08-20, 03:12 PM
Eventualy it will be on the road under it's own power.....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Eu7tQKqWwT9ej7ZT7

well it happens to lots of us - I was right up against the clock on my 3rd test, and hadn't realised the tie limit was potentiually a problem...till it was almost too late.
You#ll get there.

Mark_Robinson
16-08-20, 05:17 PM
Now, I'm puzzled. I took off the transmission tunnel and half the dash out to get good access to the speedo and the sensor. I thought, I'd give it a quick go whilst it's on Axle stands and the4 speedo has magically started working again. I can't see any loose joints. The connections are fine. I'm stumped trying to understand why it decided it didn't want to work on Friday.

KevinW
16-08-20, 11:17 PM
intermittent/loose earth or +12v somewhere would be my suggestion.

cperry
17-08-20, 07:52 AM
Any one else still waiting to be given a new test date? Or is it just me?

Mark_Robinson
17-08-20, 10:06 AM
I waited patiently for a test date only to find out about the email address you're supposed to send a request to. My advise would be to phone and chase the DVSA.

Mark_Robinson
17-08-20, 10:07 AM
intermittent/loose earth or +12v somewhere would be my suggestion.

The wires that come out of the sensor are really fine so it's more than possible there's an intermittent connection somewhere.

Julesdm
18-08-20, 01:12 PM
Craigh, still waiting for Gillingham.....i wrote to VOSA enquiries and they responded today 2 weeks later, confirming they have forwarded my enquiry to the appointments team! various quotes come to mind about a p*ss up in a brewery etc....

StewbieC
19-08-20, 02:47 PM
Still waiting here too, my original date was 27th April at Kidderminster. I rang VOSA a few weeks back and they said that Amateur built cars are prioritised as a priority 6. They also said that the original test date and when you sent your new PT1 form in has a bearing on when you receive a new date. They are unwilling to give an indication of when you will receive further info or a new date.

StewbieC
21-08-20, 06:38 PM
Had my new date through today for end of Sept, not Kidderminster but Chadderton instead. I'll take that.

Mark_Robinson
21-08-20, 07:36 PM
Excellent news. The Oldham inspectors were really supportive when i went.

I tried to call today to chase up my booking and was on hold for 45 mins before it cut off. Can't say i'm that impressed.

Julesdm
24-08-20, 08:09 PM
Still waiting......

Mark_Robinson
24-08-20, 09:37 PM
Yep. I phoned the 0300 number again today. I was advised that they will contact myself with an appointment date once they were satisfied my application form was in order. My guess is that i wil receive a date & location with very little notice. When i booked in for the 14th Aug there were a few available slots so i don't think the IVA test centres are the pinch point.

cperry
25-08-20, 12:41 PM
Got my new date over EMail last week, then through the letter box a couple of days later. New date was 5 weeks after Email (6 months after original booking), so I guess that's how far they're booking forward.

Test station is Kidderminster.

Julesdm
26-08-20, 04:32 PM
Well i now have a date!!!!!!!!!!!! September 29th Tuesday at Gillingham. Will it rain, wont it rain....drive the car there or take it on a trailer......? No sleep til October!!!!!!!

kdavies3
12-10-20, 11:52 AM
How did you get on Jules?

skinnymathew
12-10-20, 01:02 PM
http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62876&p=601040#post601040

kdavies3
13-10-20, 09:33 AM
Thanks Mathew, I had actually read that.
Didn't immediately connect the two.
My bad.

Julesdm
13-10-20, 08:37 PM
Kev

Went yesterday for the re test. All good, done and now for applying for the number plate.
Regards
Jules
Thanks Mathew, I had actually read that.
Didn't immediately connect the two.
My bad.

Mark_Robinson
13-10-20, 09:01 PM
woo hoo. brilliant news.

kdavies3
14-10-20, 09:55 AM
I spoke the the DVSA yesterday and paid for my IVA test.
The very helpful chap told me that the waiting time varies between 2 and 5 weeks currently, depending on location.

BTW well done Jules!

KugaWestie
14-10-20, 07:00 PM
I spoke the the DVSA yesterday and paid for my IVA test.
The very helpful chap told me that the waiting time varies between 2 and 5 weeks currently, depending on location.

BTW well done Jules!

Thats good to know Kev, almost back to normal then!