PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp height

KugaWestie
01-03-21, 08:41 PM
Reading the IVA manual it states that the headlamp needs to be a minimum of 500mm high.

https://i.imgur.com/yA4ly76.png

Can anyone tell me, is this measured to the lowest point of the headlamp or to the height of the headlamp bulb?

KevinW
01-03-21, 08:43 PM
IIRC it is measured from the bottom.
Not usually an issue, its usually more of a challenge getting the front indicators to the right height.

KugaWestie
01-03-21, 09:20 PM
Thanks.

If that’s the case I will have to wind the suspension up by 10mm.

KevinW
01-03-21, 11:50 PM
Thanks.

If that’s the case I will have to wind the suspension up by 10mm.

Standard stuff. Just check the height of the bottom of the rims of the front indicators - I think its 350mm from memory, but don't believe what I say!

RogerKnill
02-03-21, 12:29 AM
Standard stuff. Just check the height of the bottom of the rims of the front indicators - I think its 350mm from memory, but don't believe what I say!

just to take this a little further, if the indicators are too low, as mine were, I blacked out the bottom half of the indicator lens which took the lowest point of the functioning indicator to the mid point of the lens, black tape on the inside of the lens.

that was a few years ago, and seems a ridiculous solution by having 50% of the visible area but mm higher, but it was accepted, don’t know if it would be acceptable now.

KevinW
02-03-21, 01:19 AM
just to take this a little further, if the indicators are too low, as mine were, I blacked out the bottom half of the indicator lens which took the lowest point of the functioning indicator to the mid point of the lens, black tape on the inside of the lens.

that was a few years ago, and seems a ridiculous solution by having 50% of the visible area but mm higher, but it was accepted, don’t know if it would be acceptable now.

thats what I was also advised to do, and did, although it was just the bottom cm - I could have jacked up the front instead.