PDA

View Full Version : windscreen fitting sequence

pevans
17-08-21, 11:41 AM
I am refitting my windscreen now my car is back from the paint shop and I seem to have confused myself ! I remember the centre mount part of the screen is a complete nightmare to fit but now I am confused how I did it in the first place and how I took it off !
I currently have the assemby with the screen tensioner bar all fitted to the screen but I cant get the bolts in to secure the assembly to the car.
Do I have to get the bolts in place before the windscreen is fully down ?
It is all much more stressful with fresh paint now !!!

incey1966
17-08-21, 01:30 PM
I've just taken my screen off recently for paint. I did the same and left the centre stay on the screen as it was a complete arse to fit.
Are you talkin about the centre stay bolts? If so I think they re just really fiddly and you need to use as short a bolt as yo can get away with.

Bannon
17-08-21, 04:24 PM
I recently refitted mine too - I fitted my bracket loosely to the frame first, then the bolts through the scuttle. Very fiddly either way.

Russhowell
18-08-21, 05:07 PM
Fit the whole attachment to the windscreen. Lower windscreen and fit to car.
Now fit the two bolts or whatever you have used to fix the bottom of the stay to car.
I used bolts with hex holes and cut down an allen key to approx 6mm high to get in there and do them up.

Note- i wish my long rod of the stay was tighter\taught as I have mounted rear view mirror to it and it shakes a little. Hope that helps.

Russ
www.russhowell.com

pevans
19-08-21, 09:37 AM
Thanks all, I finally got the bolts to go in by raising the screen a little to get them in place and they carefully bringing the screen down as I did them up.
Should be on the road again today !!!

KevinW
19-08-21, 10:38 AM
Thanks all, I finally got the bolts to go in by raising the screen a little to get them in place and they carefully bringing the screen down as I did them up.
Should be on the road again today !!!

pics please. :)