Mob: 07836 699339
Fax: 020 8502 1374

email: thunder.roadcars@ btinternet.com

Thanks

Cheng

Antony
25-01-05, 09:43 PM
Your email address doesnt seem to work?

Regarding your company running the RAM Cobra cars to great success, I am wondering what modifications you do to the Jaguar IRS for racing?

I live in NZ and am looking seriously at having a Ram Cobra built by Realm Engineering, but have reservations about the IRS. I have raced on Jaguar IRS here and found them to be wishy washy on high speed corners with 450bhp engine. My last car which I won the odd race with had a Hilborne injected LS7 engine with almost 700bhp but it had been converted to 9" Ford IRS, but this thing destroyed the small Jaguar hub axles after about two meetings.

If you people can supply different lower rear arms or whatever to get the rear ends race fit, and no doubt you would probably only run a single shock/spring unit on the arm?

I have a Thunderbird alloy 8.8 IRS that I have kept, they use a very nice alloy spindle and CV joints, and half the weight of a Jaguar, I could fabricate top and bottom arms and this would solve any problems, but with the Ram the factory may have solved any problems. Having said all that my experience Almac Cars in NZ here have used a variety of different radius arms and location methods, a bit undesirable for serious usage I think!

ajnewton@xtra.co.nz

Miket
25-01-05, 11:16 PM
Please note our email address has chenged. Contact details are as follows:-

Thunder Road Cars
Peacocks
Avey Lane
Waltham Abbey
Essex
EN9 3QJ

Tel: 020 8502 4090
Mob: 07836 699339
Fax: 020 8502 1374

email: thunder.roadcars@ btinternet.com

Thanks

Cheng Try this one

"thunder.roadcars@btinternet.com"

runt
23-02-07, 08:39 PM
A big thumbs up to Cheng for travelling over to my place recently and rectifying a carburettor problem; a very talented and knowledgeable fellow and 'any more laid back, he'd be horizontal'!!
Also clearly he has a big passion for all kinds of performance cars, top bloke.

Paul/runt. :)