PDA

View Full Version : TVM - next meeting?

clive a brown
28-05-03, 01:40 PM
Brakes are fixed (at last) where are you all?
Clive

tourdefrance
01-06-03, 09:00 PM
Hi clive we ought to sort something out i was thinking of Brooklands next weekend but they want 7 quid per person to get in, if not maybe a watering hole somewhere any ideas??
Steve

clive a brown
03-06-03, 07:52 PM
Steve, I'm away in France the weekend of the 7th so perhaps the weekend after?

At one of the two normal pubs will do me!

Regards Clive

osgood
05-06-03, 10:44 AM
Contrary Mary

Clive, Steve, I was thinking of going round to the Essex meet in there new pub venue Sunday 15th June; junction 28 M25, or is that too far for you old boys??? Eric. :7 can post directions if interested?

Crendon 007
09-06-03, 08:29 PM
Hi Everyone,
This year seems tough for us to get to hang out.
We are fully booked this weekend 14/15th (Fathers Day)
You are all welcome on the 22nd for coffee etc.
Are any of us other than Eric doing any miles this year?
Treva and I managed a blast out through Oxfordshire last week first real outing and it is already mid June!!
All the best

Lindsay
09-06-03, 10:44 PM
Hi All
Is the 22nd at Chalfont? I haven't made a meet this year as I have only just found the link. Seen several cobs around - blue one in Caversham and a red one down near Hartley Whitney. Did manage to get to the Classic Car show at Wellington Country Park the other Sunday. Please keep me updated as to location and dates of TVM meets.
Best regards
Lindsay

Crendon 007
10-06-03, 02:00 AM
Hi Lindsay
We are trying for the 22nd in Stratfield Mortimer.
4 miles south west of Reading. Let us know if you need directions

osgood
10-06-03, 10:13 AM
Contrary Mary

Hi Roger, cant make the 22nd as I will be abroad in the car approx 2,000 miles I reckon, and 500 miles down to Devon last week end!! And yes it did p#ss down for some of the time!! can I now have my South Bucks wet weather certificate please :7 !?

Not heard from Garry at the Merlin so I guess he too is up to his eyes in it! Cant receive any incoming emails at present as the NTL server is down, 6 days now, if it was not for free I would tell them to stuff it!!!

Trying to get round to Essex on Sunday as I said, if anybody wants to join me. Eric 01494 474378

:tu

Dutch Paul
10-06-03, 11:51 AM
< South Bucks wet weather certificate please

You might qualify for the South Buckets certificate Ericx(

Just a thought

Paul

tourdefrance
10-06-03, 09:22 PM
Eric clive & t v chaps
I dont know about essex this sunday ,but i am up for a pub meet any suggestions? (how about the stag &huntsman)
I did Brooklands on sunday not many cars their i think they had all left for Brighton anyway the sun shone so management was happy
After this weekend i am away for three weeks(going to anoy the French not in the cobra)

Crendon 007
11-06-03, 09:14 AM
Hi Eric & Liz,
Wow you have Contrary Mary going all over this year, wish we could join you:-(
Let us know where you are going and take lots of pics.
Give us a call, email etc. when you are back in blighty.
Have a super & safe time

Roger & Treva:tu

osgood
11-06-03, 09:47 AM
Contrary Mary

Hi Paul, :7 :7 :7 :7 don't need the bucket now mate, fixed that dreaded leak in center of screen, mind you re Rogers comments on TVM lot hanging out; may need the bucket for some thing else now!!!! Eric :tu

osgood
11-06-03, 09:53 AM
Contrary Mary

Stephen give me a ring at home mate, and I may cancel the trip to Essex and join you at the Stag and Huntsman this Sunday say mid day, I am in all day today Eric :tu Still have no incoming emails x(

osgood
11-06-03, 10:09 AM
Contrary Mary

Hi Roger & Treva, Dover to Callie's on Wednesday, Through France and Belgium into Germany staying the night just outside of Bonn where Dave Butcher of the 289 register lives. Meeting up with Nigel Brackenbury on Thursday going due east over the border into Czech land then south down to the Bohemian Forrest back over the border into Germany and based there for a week with the old timers replica club yes I know very fitting!!! 70 cars in total; may try and meet Steve on Sunday to ask his advise on driving on the right instead of going to Essex regards Eric. :tu

osgood
11-06-03, 05:16 PM
Contrary Mary

Roger, have spoken to Steve today and it seems likely that we will pop in on Sunday if that is okay, (wont get in the way of fathers day sitting!) it is the same distance for both of us instead of the Stag and Huntsman. So Clive & Grant and Garry and anyone else who wishes to meet up, we will see you there at around 12:00pm if thats okay with Rodger & Treva and the weather is suitable of course!? :tu

Crendon 007
11-06-03, 07:05 PM
Great everybody welcome

Dutch Paul
11-06-03, 07:46 PM
< Hi Roger & Treva, Dover to Callie's on Wednesday, Through France and Belgium into Germany staying the night just outside of Bonn where Dave Butcher of the 289 register lives. Meeting up with Nigel Brackenbury on Thursday going due east over the border into Czech land then south down to the Bohemian Forrest back over the border into Germany

I seem to remember somebody moaning that York was too far to drivex(

Just a thought

Paul

clive a brown
11-06-03, 09:09 PM
Roger, Is the meeting this coming Sunday the 15th June? If so cant make it dam!!!

Hope everybodys well

Regards Clive & Debs

osgood
11-06-03, 10:39 PM
Contrary Mary

Hey Paul, I did not moan cause York was too far, as I explained I had other things which were pre booked took priority cash wise!! The lack of trade stands I think had something to do with wanting 400:00 per stand and in my opinion; the cost of the venue was a little dear considering the 289 register hired the Nuremberg ring for much less last year!! Don't winge Paul when you have a Cobra you will no what it's all about Eric

:P :)

robert
12-06-03, 01:14 AM
Eric

With all due respect, that is crap.

1. Trade stands were NOT 400
2. The 289 register did not hire the Nurburgring last year.
3. The event the 289 register bloke is talking about was a one day event only.
4. participants were restricted to 30 mins instruction only.
5. The event in Germany was held on a week day, NOT a bank holiday weekend.

I think you are being mislead somewhere along the line by a member of the 289 register.

The 400 you have been touting is based on costs for hiring a marquee if the manufacturer so wished to.

Just to clarify this matter so there is no further misunderstanding, I have pasted below the actual costs sent to the manufacturers so they could pick and chose their own options.

Manufacturer Charges

Manufacturers fee including admittance for up to 4 employees and overnight security (no access to the track)

Manufacturers fee including admittance for up to 4 employees, open access to the 4 mile track and overnight security

Marquee Options

Sole use of a 60 * 40 ft marquee

Shared use of the above giving an area of 40 * 25 ft per manufacturer

Sole use of a 30 * 20 ft marquee

osgood
12-06-03, 09:38 AM
Contrary Mary

Thats straightened that out then Rob, I obviously had not been given the full story Eric ;-)

Ian XII COB
12-06-03, 11:56 AM
Hi All,

I would like to try and get along to one of the TVM meetings but I'm confused from the posts as to exactly when and where it is held! Could someone just confirm the venue, date and time of the next meeting please.

Many thanks

Ian
XII COB - GD Euro, 383ci, Tremec TKO

robert
12-06-03, 12:11 PM
Eric

Not having a dig, just trying to clarify what the actual charges were and the purpose of the charges.

We wil be holding another one next year and don't want to scare traders off before we start. :tu :tu

osgood
12-06-03, 11:28 PM
Contrary Mary

Ian, Tourdefrance and myself are trying to get along to the Fox and Horn this Sunday around 12:00pm although there wont be many there. Roger at the pub is trying to arrange a meet there the following week end as well, Sunday 22nd but I cant make it, so may see you there this Sunday perhaps Eric. :)

osgood
13-06-03, 09:59 AM
Contrary Mary

Come on Paul, or are you on that bl##dy fence again mate making out that your a Woods Pigeon?? Eric, :7

Ian XII COB
13-06-03, 10:40 AM
Eric,

Is the Fox & Horn at Stratfield Mortimer?

Ian

osgood
13-06-03, 11:03 AM
Contrary Mary

Ian yes it is mate, come off the M4 head for Basingstoke on the A33 the first big new roundabout turn right, (Marked Stratfield Mortimer) through the country lane for about 2 miles over mini round-about and level crossing and the pub is on the right, see you there all being well, weather looks good (mind the entrance to gravel car park; go in slow!) Eric :tu

Ian XII COB
13-06-03, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the directions. I live south of Stratfield Mortimer so will cut across country. All being well may see you on Sunday.

Have a guy dropping in on Sunday who is in the process of deciding which Cobra to build. I will suggest that he drops in to look at some other makes. Do you know what ones will be turning up? It sounds as if the pub landlord is into Cobras or did I misread your post?

Regards

Ian

osgood
13-06-03, 06:28 PM
Contrary Mary

Ian, I have a Viper, Stephen has a Dax, Roger the landlord has a Crendon and a garage I would die for!! There is a good selection normally but I don't know who else is going as yet. Garry at the other pub in South Bucks also has a Dax and Grant from Middx has a Ram I think; but a good idea to bring your mate along I can put him off building one quite easy (Joke)!! Don't think we have had a GD there before.

See you Sunday Ian regards Eric. :tu

osgood
14-06-03, 10:18 AM
Contrary Mary

Weather looking good for Sunday chaps, so unwrap the beasts and will see you all at the Fox & Horn mid day Eric. :tu

tourdefrance
15-06-03, 09:15 AM
Eric
See you on Sunday
Steve

clive a brown
16-06-03, 01:20 PM
How did the meet go ? the weather was brillant

Clive

osgood
16-06-03, 07:17 PM
Contrary Mary

Hi Clive how are you? Yes meet went well approx 6 of us turned up; Happy Jim, Ian, Stephen, Roger of course and myself with respective ladies.

Must plan something exiting for when I return, go on you know you want too!!! will be away on our trip for a week come Wednesday so see you when we return matey; Stephen is also away in Frog land for three weeks I think, all the best Eric & Liz. :tu

tourdefrance
16-06-03, 09:03 PM
Hi clive
We had a very pleasant sunday (had to put the viper man under an umbrella) his head was burning
see you soon Steve

osgood
17-06-03, 08:39 AM
Contrary Mary

:7 :7 :7 :7 :) :) ;-) Can't grow grass on a busy street!! Eric.

Stefan
18-06-03, 12:10 AM
Sorry guys - couldn't make last weekend as we took the cobras to Le Mans. Nick took his Unique Autocraft and I took the Dax. Fantastic weekend, super hot weather and a good time was had by all...

I can't make out if anyone has anything planned this coming sunday (22nd)? Let me know because I can make this one!

Ian XII COB
18-06-03, 11:18 AM
I should be able to make Sunday 22nd providing weather remains good!

Ian

clive a brown
19-06-03, 01:38 PM
Listen up guys

The British Airways classic car show is on this Sunday 22nd at the Concorde Club Cranford - close by Heathrow

3pm entry free in a classic car

give me a call on 01494 881386 if your going and we can cruise.

Clive

Lindsay
19-06-03, 11:12 PM
Hi Guys
I'm up for a meet on Sunday 22nd too. Will it still be the Fox & Hounds at Stratfield Mortimer?
Best regards
Lindsay

Crendon 007
20-06-03, 01:50 PM
As usual everyone one is welcome for coffee here at The Fox & Horn this Sunday 22nd and you could then all cruise to the BA club meet.
Let me know if you can make it as I will try and dig up some new local cobs.
Hope to see some of you.:-)

Crendon 007
20-06-03, 01:54 PM
Hi Clive,
Just wanted to make certain that you pick up my last message as the thread looks a little thin on these different postings. I have not been notified of new postings etc.

clive a brown
21-06-03, 11:48 AM
Roger, Let me know if there's any interest. Sounds a good idea coffee at yours and then a cruise to Heathrow. All we need are the weather and some cobras.

01494 881386

Clive & Debs

Crendon 007
21-06-03, 12:48 PM
Hi Clive & Debs,
Seems as if a few will turn up tomorrow.
Weather looks good, hope to see you

osgood
04-07-03, 12:18 PM
Contrary Mary

Hi Guys and girls well were back!!! Whats that I hear you say (Ow God No!!. 1,788 Miles in total = 93 gallons of gas = 18:63 MPG. Starter motor with 4,000 miles on the clock blew out in the Czech Republic (Lucas B90!) and two Champion plugs.

Great trip and I got on okay on the right. New digital compass from Halfords packed up also; good old British cr#p ahh!! These Germans I have to say really know how to organize an event. Loads of freebies and got a cup for the furthest traveled which will hold my ashes quite well when needed!! Had to go back to Bonn and order new unit from Wolverhampton as the German firm wanted 400 soves for Magnet Merrili replacement!!! Had to remove sump (long story) to fit, arrived back in UK last Saturday 8:10 pm totally knacked!!

These Bugatti Replicas are great, bar under the bonnet, where the f#ck the VW engine is I don't know!!!!

Well boys when is the next meet? Tourdefrance is still away in Frog land I think. Some shots attached hope top see you all soon Eric & Elizabeth

:) :7 :7

osgood
05-07-03, 12:45 PM
Contrary Mary

Okay Roger, heres a few pictures which Dave Butcher has put on his 289 site for starters regards Eric.

www.289register.com/czech03e.html:9

Crendon 007
07-07-03, 08:19 PM
Dear Eric & Liz
What a great trip!!!
Thanks for the pictures and the point to the 289 site.
You must tell me next time we meet what's going on at that site.
We are off on Thursday to stay near Goodwood for 'The Festival of Speed' on Friday.
Lets all try and rally up support for a BIG TVM meeting soon.
All the best
Roger & Treva

osgood
07-07-03, 09:45 PM
Contrary Mary

Roger & Treva have a good week end at Goodwood, will tell all I know on our next TVM. make it soon will wait for your post and send some emails out. Regards Eric & Elizabeth. :) :) :tu :tu

Crendon 007
08-07-03, 12:12 PM
Hi Eric,
I started a new entry in the forum yesterday Re TVM July, as this area is becoming very extended.
Look forward to seeing you