PDA

View Full Version : Crendon 427 SC

wilf
26-03-01, 08:45 PM
LAST EDITED ON 26-Mar-01 AT 09:47 PM (GMT)[p]Am now close to SVA on my Crendon. Had it rolling on 24/03 - moves pretty well!
Car is first of new Crendon bodystyle - proper SC shape, dash etc. Won't be painted for this summer - that's next winter's job, and since the shell was never meant for gel coat only it won't look pretty. Don't care - I just want to drive it this summer!
Engine is 351W with stroker crank - takes it out to around 408CI with .030 overbore. Windsor Jnr heads, lumpy roller cam, Performer RPM, and Edelbrock 800cfm carb. Tremec TKO 5 speed box with short throw shifter , Jag 3.31:1 back end. Not LSD at this point - I want to try it without first. At the 3000 rpm running in limit it pulls 100mph without fuss or strain. (Not on a public road officer).
Should be at Stoneleigh if all goes well. Can't wait to get some miles on it so I can use some more revs!
Although I'm biased, (very biased actually, but not on the payroll!!) I must say this new shell is a mighty pretty shape. John Kerr at Crendon has been playing the perfectionist to a "T" (or should that be a "p" ?) during the development of the shell. He pronounces himself happy at the way it's turned out, and he's his own worst critic!
Might even put side pipes on it eventually (ran out of time to develop them for now).
Look forward to being back in the land of Cobra replicars soon - it's been too long since I sold my original car - a Sumo Mk11 which gave me plenty of fun (and some white knuckles on the track). Hope it's new owner is getting fun out of it now.

John Tisbury
15-05-01, 05:38 PM
Your car sure does look pretty Wilf. Can't wait to see it painted. I must not look too longingly at it as I might consider changing my Crendon for the new shape. I wonder if John could bolt on a new body }>

wilf
15-05-01, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the compliment John, but you know I envy you a wife who can sew!!

Wilf

John Tisbury
17-05-01, 05:28 PM
Perhaps we could arrange a short term swap?

I'll borrow your SC body amd you can borrow Jill's sewing prowess.

robert
17-05-01, 05:34 PM
>Perhaps we could arrange a short term swap?
>
>I'll borrow your SC body amd you can borrow Jill's sewing prowess.

ooeeer, missus

Robert

The Whistler!

wilf
17-05-01, 07:43 PM
John - I've a better idea, why don't you get Jill to teach Sue how to sew, that way I can keep my SC body!

WIlf

John Tisbury
17-05-01, 10:34 PM
Now isn't that a bit one sided?

You end up with a Sue that can sew, and a SC body. Now I'm sure there's a tongue twister in there somewhere.

wilf
18-05-01, 01:33 PM
Who ever said life was fair??

Wilf

dingocooke
06-01-12, 05:09 PM
Idly trawling around for Crendon info and found this....
Wilf I never knew you had aspirations to have sidepipes eventually....how very vulgar :-)

I have checked all over JK's website Home : Crendon Replicas (http://crendonreplicas.com/) and neary a mention of underslungs ;-)

Joking aside did you ever do a build thread for your fine beast??

wilf
06-01-12, 07:45 PM
Holy cobwebbed threads Batman!

I was young and foolish at the time. As an older, wiser and more informed person I now realise that sidepipes are too Essex for me. Except maybe with a cammer.

No, my build predated my acquisiton of a digital camera, more's the pity, so I have few records, although I still have every receipt. Which Sue unfortunately added up one day............and realised my "build cost" spreadsheet that I let her see was, um, shall we say "misleading"?

kdavies3
06-01-12, 07:45 PM
11 year old cupboard full of skeletons eh Wilf! :)

Neil O
07-01-12, 01:46 AM
11 year old cupboard full of skeletons eh Wilf! :)
It was originally built with yellow seats.

wilf
07-01-12, 07:34 AM
It nearly had a sideoiler until I discovered the block was half full of concrete..........

dingocooke
07-01-12, 12:19 PM
hehe I dont think youre alone in the 'declared costings' v's reality young man; both Pikey and my new ride have many obvious receipts 'missing' from the official 'tally'........funny...:-)