PDA

View Full Version : What a prat

Bernie
21-03-03, 04:28 PM
I was on my way home today, and passed a broken-down Cobra. I helped the owner push it out of the way, saying "Couldn't pass a fellow owner in distress".
"Oh, have you got one?" he said.
"Well, building a Sumo", I replied.
"Oh", he said "this isn't a rubbish kit car, this is the real thing!"
"Something's ticking down here at the back", I said, "sounds like the fuel pump". Then he turned off the ignition. When he opened the bonnet and took off the air filter the Holley Carb was absolutely full of fuel, right to the top, all four bores. As he went for the ignition key again, I took two steps back, and offered a vague thought what might be the problem. "Look mate", he said "I know what I'm doing!"
So I said "Ok, I'll leave you knowing what you're doing" - thinking "what a prat", as I left him in a country lane.

But the real question, apart from "Are people who buy AC Cobras different animals?" is "What had happened to his carb?" Had the float stuck at the top? and are Holleys known for this?

robert
21-03-03, 05:15 PM
Probably had some dirt under the needles and they would't close. Happens if you are a prat. {-} {-} {-} {-}

Snake Charmer
21-03-03, 06:03 PM
Sucking that much liquid into a piston could have ended up doing some real damage, if one of the other pistons fired while the full one was on itís compression stroke. x(

Purple Ronnie
21-03-03, 08:28 PM
If I had been him I would have been greatfull that someone had bothered to stop.*#

kdavies3
22-03-03, 10:02 AM
I had a V8 at work this week with a very bent con-rod through filling a bore with fuel.
I had a mishap (under statement) last week in the Cobra and was personally very grateful for all the help I received from folks.

Kev Davies
Dax, 383ci Chevy Stroker, Tremec TKO
South Wales

:+ :+