PDA

View Full Version : And Now For Some More Monty Python.....

PeteV
30-10-03, 06:44 PM
Just spotted yet another odd quote from the www.cobra535.co.uk 'build-up' website :-

"The first demonstrator is still under construction (Oct 2003) but click here for some photos of it and the first batch of chassis sent to me earlier this year"

..first batch of chassis...does that me that he bought more than one then...a Freudian slip perhaps...surely not ?!

Now Now ....Stop stirring it Pete..

{-} {-} {-} {-} {-} :tu :tu

Pete

kitcarman
31-10-03, 12:17 AM
Pete,
That’s interesting!
Even more interesting is “Unofficial Home of the Python”. The site started as “The Home” and Si changed that following my previous comment.

So where is its actual home? Three options:-

1. Colchester address on the site. Kit Car’s letters to that place have been returned marked ‘addressee has gone away’. (If anyone wants to know why we write, it’s because RV owes us money).

2. Sri Lanka. I don’t think such an address has ever been released.

3. Reigate. As on all the ‘companies’ advertisements.

Perhaps Si would be kind enough to enlighten us as to whom he paid and where. It would certainly help clear up an anomoly and hence reduce speculation.

vince RVD
07-11-06, 09:56 AM
Just spotted yet another odd quote from the www.cobra535.co.uk (http://www.cobra535.co.uk) 'build-up' website :- I think You will find that this site says that it is the UN oficial python site and is a customers build and has always been so,:confused: so im not sure why it has made up so many threads on this site?? (and by the same people posting them all the time):confused: :mad: :eek: :cool:

"The first demonstrator is still under construction (Oct 2003) but click here for some photos of it and the first batch of chassis sent to me earlier this year"

..first batch of chassis...does that me that he bought more than one then...a Freudian slip perhaps...surely not ?!

Now Now ....Stop stirring it Pete.. that mite be a good idea for every one on the Cobra club !!!:drive:

{-} {-} {-} {-} {-} :tu :tu

Pete

I know this is an old post but i think it just show that it was not true at the time it was posted and has been proven not to be fact or any kind of warning :( and with the picture of simons car and the now Two year old demo car with 1000's of "test" miles on the clock, it not that hard to see the WOOD for the TREES !!:confused: plus the cars in the USA and the Chevy blue car that is now at riegate. try pythoncobra.com if you need to know more.

I would like to ask the people that attack the python so regulay here if they have DRIVEN the car or even been close to one ??? as i know for a FACT dave brooks has never even sat in the demo car:cool: .

Vince

robert
07-11-06, 09:35 PM
That mite be a good idea for every one on the Cobra club !!!:drive:

Vince

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

You have now insulted 3687 members of the forum, good start.

wilf
07-11-06, 09:43 PM
Vince:

Look at my face.

Does it look bothered?

Am I bothered? Am I? Am I bothered?

NO!

dave
07-11-06, 09:45 PM
Vince.
I (With my limited experience) Can tell by looking that I will not fit comfortably into the Python. The floorpan is mounted on top of the main chassis rails (I think) making the seat around 3" higher than it is in either a Dax or an AK. If I were to sit in the car I would be looking through the top rail of the windscreen.
The give away to this is the back of the seat on a Dax or an AK is around 5" below the top of the rear edge of the body, the Python is considerably less. (Does the Python pass SVA with seat runners and seat cushion fitted with at least 1.5" to spare? (To allow for the curve in the body and the location of the Dax seatbelt anchorage point in relation to the Python one)).

Purple AK
07-11-06, 09:57 PM
I think You will find that this site says that it is the UN oficial python site and is a customers build and has always been so,:confused: so im not sure why it has made up so many threads on this site?? (and by the same people posting them all the time):confused: :mad: :eek: :cool:

that mite be a good idea for every one on the Cobra club !!!:drive:

I know this is an old post but i think it just show that it was not true at the time it was posted and has been proven not to be fact or any kind of warning :( and with the picture of simons car and the now Two year old demo car with 1000's of "test" miles on the clock, it not that hard to see the WOOD for the TREES !!:confused: plus the cars in the USA and the Chevy blue car that is now at riegate. try pythoncobra.com if you need to know more.

I would like to ask the people that attack the python so regulay here if they have DRIVEN the car or even been close to one ??? as i know for a FACT dave brooks has never even sat in the demo car:cool: .

Vince
DRIVE IT! NOPE! Have you really considered the consquences If/When that ball joint gives way?? It's a KILLER!

Miket
07-11-06, 10:10 PM
On a lighter side, I think this says it all. :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usc3CPaakV4

A Cobra challenges a python... then wins. It then devours the python :thumb: :thumb:

slogger
07-11-06, 10:32 PM
I think You will find that this site says that it is the UN oficial python site and is a customers build and has always been so,:confused: so im not sure why it has made up so many threads on this site?? (and by the same people posting them all the time):confused:

that mite be a good idea for every one on the Cobra club !!!

Vince

Typical! I have a really crap day at work, log on here and another joker is taking the pi55. About time someone woke up and smelt the coffee.:mad: :mad:

Fuzzy
08-11-06, 05:28 AM
Hi Vince,
Exactly where are the cars in the US? Most of the guys I have contacted in South Carolina that are heavy into Cobras haven't heard of Floyd Harper or Pythons? Please let me know how to contact him as I would like to see how he put the 460 Ford in the car. I'm looking at putting a Lexus 4 liter in a Cob and I'm wondering how it will fit?
Ken Clarke

Fuzzy
08-11-06, 05:33 AM
Hi Vince,
Exactly where are the cars in the US? Most of the guys I have contacted in South Carolina that are heavy into Cobras haven't heard of Floyd Harper or Pythons? Please let me know how to contact him and his address as I would like to see how he put the 460 Ford in the car. Also there are a couple of guys there that have also expressed interest in looking at the car with possiblities of buying a Beemer based kit. I'm looking at putting a Lexus 4 liter in a Cob and I'm wondering how it will fit?
Maybe now would also be a good time to post an address where the Blue Chevy powered car is so folks could go look at it and have a see for themselves instead of speculation. Where exactly in Riegate?
Ken Clarke

Sorry about the double post, fingers bumbled around on the key board and hit wrong button :eek:

Neil O
08-11-06, 08:41 AM
Fuzzy,
Doesn't one of the Australian makes use the Lexus engine? I'm not sure of the name, but I'm sure I heard it somewhere...............couldn't be 4rsed to look it up for you, sorry. ;)

Vince,
Stick around, it seems like you'll fit in really well. :D
Is the Python going to be at Exeter Show? Can I drive it? It would be good to compare it to my Dax and give you an honest opinion.

Fuzzy
08-11-06, 09:00 AM
Neil,
There are a number of guys working with Cobs that are Lexus powered, stock, single and twin turbo'ed and supercharged, no end to the possiblities. Our own TonyD is into them up to his eyeballs rightnow. I think the Aussie one is the Venom. I'll try to put up some sites later. I was seriously considering the Python with buying direct from Sri Lanka, cheap freight, easier import and Beemers are available here. I found a Lexus motor with autobox this week (I've got a locked left knee) here in Jakarta (along with a 3.5 turbo'ed in line six for my present car) so I'm a waffling here. Still can't get things confirmed with Customs or a shipper though on this end to do anything. Plus Hurricane in the States has introduced a RHD street roadster kit for $17,000 USD. 100% complete except for motor, trans, driveshaft and wheels. I need to talk to some one that can give me a builders perspective on making a Python, most other kit cars have builder's forums or galleries that show builds. I appreciate the time Vince has spent answering my questions but I also need to talk to folks outside the company. Not meant to dis Python, but to a guy who might drop a lot of hard saved cash, seems like a logical thing to do to me.
Ken

vince RVD
08-11-06, 01:43 PM
Vince.
I (With my limited experience) Can tell by looking that I will not fit comfortably into the Python. The floorpan is mounted on top of the main chassis rails (I think) making the seat around 3" higher than it is in either a Dax or an AK. that was the OLD chassis not the current! the USA & current car the floor pan is much lower and at an angle to alow the seat to rise as it comes foward

If I were to sit in the car I would be looking through the top rail of the windscreen. thats not true as sonny is the same hight as you and he does not have a problem ! but you declined to sit in the car when sonny asked you to at donnington as you knew you would not have a problem and that you would be proved wrong!!

The give away to this is the back of the seat on a Dax or an AK is around 5" below the top of the rear edge of the body, the Python is considerably less. (Does the Python pass SVA with seat runners and seat cushion fitted with at least 1.5" to spare? (To allow for the curve in the body and the location of the Dax seatbelt anchorage point in relation to the Python one)). of course it does it is full road legal it also has python seats and they are made by us and taller than the DAX and every one else seats, if you had sat in it as asked you would have found out but you would not !!:confused: :confused:

Vince

dave
10-11-06, 04:44 PM
that was the OLD chassis not the current! the USA & current car the floor pan is much lower and at an angle to alow the seat to rise as it comes foward
thats not true as sonny is the same hight as you and he does not have a problem ! but you declined to sit in the car when sonny asked you to at donnington as you knew you would not have a problem and that you would be proved wrong!! of course it does it is full road legal it also has python seats and they are made by us and taller than the DAX and every one else seats, if you had sat in it as asked you would have found out but you would not !!:confused: :confused:

Vince

Hi Vince.
I heard you the first time.:)
I did not sit in the car because I was not in the best of moods due to someone waltzing onto my stand during a show having a hissy fit.:rolleyes:
Sonny (Thanks for reminding me of his name) on the other hand was a great guy to talk to but I was working and wearing "Corporate clothing" etc. I cannot remember the car detail at the show but from what I can remember from the red,white and blue car is that the rear of the seat was very hight and that on the recent chassis pics that have been posted on here the chassis rails did not look wide enough for a seat to fit between them. I can only base my opinion on what is presented before me. Feel free to e-mail me pictures.:thumb:
I was never looking to go to war with you, and any bad feeling has come about due to you convincing yourself that I am part of a conspiracy which I am not and never have been.However, I am an opinionated person (Like it or not) and I definately do not need any help from others to make up my mind on things we have discussed in the past(Who ever they are).
I'd like to see more pics on here but I don't know if you personally would be allowed to post them up here as you are "In the trade" and not a site sponsor etc.

Lets make this thread constructive and not a slanging match.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Fuzzy
11-11-06, 03:43 AM
So how about posting photos in Vince's gallery and the discussion can carry on from there via the thread or a new thread without the baggage? Other alternative is to add more photos under a separate heading on the Python website and discuss from there. Or add links to an outsite as Dave and some others have in their signature lines.....
Ken

dave
11-11-06, 09:41 AM
Hi Ken.
Signature links are only allowed if they are to personal sites (None profit making from the kit car industry (Or something like that)) or you are a site sponsor like me.

vince RVD
11-11-06, 10:57 AM
Hi Vince.
I heard you the first time.
I did not sit in the car because I was not in the best of moods due to someone waltzing onto my stand during a show having a hissy fit.:rolleyes: so you think i have no right to get upset after i had asked you nicly at the last show we where both at not to push fact that where noy true, and floyd asked you to do the same and you agreed that you would not :thumb: then you went on doing the same thing:confused:

Sonny (Thanks for reminding me of his name) on the other hand was a great guy to talk to but I was working and wearing "Corporate clothing" you could have taken off ya jumper it was not that cold :confused:
etc. I cannot remember the car detail at the show but from what I can remember from the red,white and blue car is that the rear of the seat was very hight as you did not even notice that the car was now RED and no stripes not shure if you had your eyes open or not then when you where there looking at the car with sonny:cool: as we have said time and time again the seat was set to high on the original brackets and you know this but still keep draging up the same old C**P and posting it all over the internet, with out knowing the FACTS you clame to be "conserned" about:boohoo:
and that on the recent chassis pics that have been posted on here the chassis rails did not look wide enough for a seat to fit between them. if you had read siomon's post you would know that Simon's chassis was one of the first three chassis in the UK:confused: and is not the CURRENT SET UP.
I can only base my opinion on what is presented before me. Feel free to e-mail me pictures.:thumb: send me a mail so i get the address you want then sent to and i will send then as i have to the ONE other persion that has bothered to find out the TRUTH!! "vincervd@yahoo.com" is where ANY one can contact me for any info they want

I was never looking to go to war with you, and any bad feeling has come about due to you convincing yourself that I am part of a conspiracy which I am not and never have been.However, I am an opinionated person (Like it or not) its just a shame that the FACTS that you try to push are so fare from the TRUTH its just not FUNNY any more:mad:
and I definately do not need any help from others to make up my mind on things we have discussed in the past(Who ever they are).
I'd like to see more pics on here but I don't know if you personally would be allowed to post them up here as you are "In the trade" and not a site sponsor etc.

Lets make this thread constructive and not a slanging match.
thats what i would like but i find my self going OVER AND OVER the same old thigs BALL JOINT !! SEATS ONLY FIT FOR A DEWARF !! but TOM Saunders fitted in the car fine at the 2005 exeter show! Rubbish build , It not cheeper than a dax, its not lighter, the same old thing being spat out OVER AND OVER AGAIN !!!:cool:

thinking im wasting my time VINCE

craggle
11-11-06, 11:34 AM
Vince

This constant bickering is doing nothing for you or your company image.
If you have personal differences with Den or Dave please keep them personal.

If you have points to make, Make them in a constructive manner. I noticed the seats in the old red and blue car were high but I had no idea they had been re-designed until you accused Dave of posting Cr*p on the internet.

I think you have the potential to have a good and popular, budget Cobra kit on the market but you need to think a bit more about what you post.

Just my opinion and I am not part of a Dax conspiracy.

Craig.

Fuzzy
11-11-06, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info re. posting photos on thread, guess I'm never too old to learn something each day....so will the thread get pulled if Vince were to post some photos or maybe Si could post some photos in his gallery re. close ups of parts or sections or assemblies. Or plan B with the Python website or even do a blog..... see this one for some ideas: http://khansmith.blogspot.com/
Ken

TINKA
11-11-06, 11:51 AM
thats what i would like but i find my self going OVER AND OVER the same old things BALL JOINT !! SEATS ONLY FIT FOR A DWARF !! but TOM Saunders fitted in the car fine at the 2005 Exeter show! Rubbish build , It not cheaper than a Dax, its not lighter, the same old thing being spat out OVER AND OVER AGAIN !!!:cool:

thinking I'm wasting my time VINCE

Vince I would love to see you succeed in your venture :thumb: :thumb: but with your attitude I feel you are doing your self more and more harm with every post you make, chill out and just try to start afresh there are not too many Den's on here so just try and start from afresh. Dave is always posting that he cant fit in an AK so you are not the only make of car that he makes this comment on, you are not being persecuted. This forum is for debate and that means you have to accept some peoples concerns and hopefully take them on board.

Just hope this is not me Just wasting my time :thumb:

Neil O
11-11-06, 11:56 AM
Careful Tinks, you're starting to sound rather grown up.......:D

Seriously though, nail hit firmly on the head mate.

kayjayd
11-11-06, 12:00 PM
Vince,

If I were browsing this site and considering buying a Cobra kit (which a lot of people do) I wouldn't touch yours with a bargepole because you're behaving like a tosser. If you want your business to be successful I would suggest you sort your attitude out ... it stinks!

Rob Kyle
11-11-06, 12:07 PM
Vince,

If I were browsing this site and considering buying a Cobra kit (which a lot of people do) I wouldn't touch yours with a bargepole because you're behaving like a tosser. If you want your business to be successful I would suggest you sort your attitude out ... it stinks!

Spot on and I could not agree more....I've been doing just that for the last two years and gone for a DAX, the Python was not even on the radar screen.

chiffer
11-11-06, 12:14 PM
Vince,

Well said Kev. Straight to the point. Doubt if he will listen though.:thumb:

wilf
11-11-06, 01:51 PM
Dave - I would like you to take up a crusade for me.

I am very annoyed that I cannot fit under my Crendon. No matter how I try, I just can't fit under there. It is a disgrace. I had hoped that the SVA test would stop this sort of thing, but there must be a loophole being exploited.
Who can I get in touch with? How do I publicise this woeful lack of space? Crendon just laughed when I mentioned this to them.

I am reliably informed that there are others in the same position. I think Tony M might have trouble getting under his Sumo and I know that Tinka can't slide under his AK, although Purple AK might. Is there a conspiracy of silence to avoid airing this problem?

We just can't let this situation continue. :mad:

dave
11-11-06, 01:59 PM
Vince I would love to see you succeed in your venture :thumb: :thumb: but with your attitude I feel you are doing your self more and more harm with every post you make, chill out and just try to start afresh there are not too many Den's on here so just try and start from afresh. Dave is always posting that he cant fit in an AK so you are not the only make of car that he makes this comment on, you are not being persecuted. This forum is for debate and that means you have to accept some peoples concerns and hopefully take them on board.

Just hope this is not me Just wasting my time :thumb:

Hi Tinka.
"Always":eek: :eek:
I'll give you a tenner if you can find where I have posted this more than 3 times in my 4,500 odd posts. (And no, I have not done a search).

vince RVD
11-11-06, 02:46 PM
Vince,

sorry you see it that way:eek: but i have only defended acusation that have been made at me for years on these sort of web sites, it is very intresting how may people that think im a "tosser" own DAX cars :confused: :confused:

i can understand that if you have another type of Cobra, that is going to cost you far more to build than a python, does not have the foam sandwich in the body and has no ABS or power steering (only at even more cost) and a smaller cockpit and shorter wheel base, some may want to attack a rival maker. but not sure how defending my products and my customers make me a"tosser" may be its the Dyslexia that makes thing look very different to me. and others.:confused:

Vince

dave
11-11-06, 02:50 PM
Vince said:-
So you think i have no right to get upset after i had asked you nicly at the last show we where both at not to push fact that where noy true, and floyd asked you to do the same and you agreed that you would not then you went on doing the same thing
I say:-
Who the f*ck is Floyd.........The Sax player from the Muppets????:confused:
As I have more important things going on in my life I cannot remember exact details of who where and when, maybe you have it on tape:rolleyes: ,but haven't you told me that at some point the ball joint in question back then had since been uprated. If there was never anything wrong why would you do that???
Although you have "proved" that there is not a safety issue this does not automatically mean that i have to fall head over heels with your product. Each to their own as they say.

you could have taken off ya jumper it was not that cold
But I would have been semi naked, and you (as everyone else) would have to pay for that.:eek:

as you did not even notice that the car was now RED
So are you saying that the red met. car at Donny is the R,W+Blue car with a new paint job???

and no stripes not shure if you had your eyes open or not then when you where there looking at the car with sonny
I was looking at the pictures on the laptop of your hardtop and of Sonny driving an unpainted car.

as we have said time and time again
But you have to say it to someone who is actually listening. First I'd heard was AFTER my post.:confused:

the seat was set to high on the original brackets and you know this
I do now. please post a link to where I knew about this before.

but still keep draging up the same old C**P and posting it all over the internet,
All over the internet.???? I post on here, occasionally on Pistonheads and BM3W.co.uk.

with out knowing the FACTS you clame to be "conserned" about:boohoo: if you had read siomon's post you would know that Simon's chassis was one of the first three chassis in the UK and is not the CURRENT SET UP.

Oh so I was right then???:confused: :confused: . Has it changed then, maybe you should have posted something on a Cobra related website , I can think of at least one good one that has been around for years and you joined it about a week ago.

send me a mail so i get the address you want then sent to and i will send then as i have to the ONE other persion that has bothered to find out the TRUTH!! "vincervd@yahoo.com"
My e-mail address is in my signature at the bottom of this post, and all my posts for that fact.

is where ANY one can contact me for any info they want its just a shame that the FACTS that you try to push are so fare from the TRUTH its just not FUNNY any more:mad:
Facts about what FFS.:mad: Where is the public announcement???

thats what i would like but i find my self going OVER AND OVER the same old thigs BALL JOINT !! SEATS ONLY FIT FOR A DEWARF !!
Ball joint? I have not talked about this for some time. If you look at this forum carefully you will see it was me that did the decent thing and started a new thread for Simon to post up his build prodgress etc. so that he could have a clean run with no ranting and the old ranting thread would dissapear off the "Front page" and be lost in the archives, then you came along shooting off like Yosemity Sam and digging up old (nd out of date info).

but TOM Saunders fitted in the car fine at the 2005 exeter show!

Rubbish build , It not cheeper than a dax, its not lighter, the same old thing being spat out OVER AND OVER AGAIN !!!:cool:
Who said "rubbish build"?
Apples to apples. (To quote Fastco (thanks Daryl))
Cheaper is only relavent if the same accessories are used.
If a chassis has less metal it will be lighter, for the chassis to be better it will need the metal that is used to be better positioned. This is an opinion point would you like me to go further???
To compare weight then you must fit the same type of components. Ok I'll leave the BMW running gear out of the equasion but I will not allow a 6 cylinder 3.5 litre engine be classed weight wise the same as a small block Chevy. As i can only speak from experience i can only use Dax as an example. An average Dax that i take to SVA with a SBC and a tremec gearbox with twin braced roll bars, 15 gallons of fuel, fully trimmed with stainless engine bay lining and big stainless side pipes and bumpers weighs in at 1127KG. when you build a car with those parts fitted what will it weigh?

I don't own a Dax!!!
Have dax owners now joined the conspiracy???

vince RVD
11-11-06, 03:24 PM
as you did not even notice that the car was now RED
So are you saying that the red met. car at Donny is the R,W+Blue car with a new paint job???
If you was much sharper dave you would cut your self!!:thumb: :thumb:

I was looking at the pictures on the laptop of your hardtop and of Sonny driving an unpainted car. it was not un -painted it was blue and white as you told me it should be on piston heads a long time ago! show just how hard you was looking:confused:

I

dave
11-11-06, 03:45 PM
If you was much sharper dave you would cut your self!!:thumb: :thumb: it was not un -painted it was blue and white as you told me it should be on piston heads a long time ago! show just how hard you was looking:confused:

Mouth, foot, in........Mean anything?????

So the car at Donny was originally the R,W+blue car. So am I correct in thinking that this car has the same chassis as it did when it was R,W+blue? Which should mean that it has the early chassis with higher seating position, which would make my comment about seat height correct, or am I missing something????:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think that the blue and white pictures i was looking at were of a car fitted with a hard top and was not being driven by anyone.
The car that Sonny was drifting around some trees off road was (I thought) either unpainted or in grey gel coat. Maybe wrong though as i have has a sleep since then.

Over to you...

I[/quote:c432ab677b]

robert
11-11-06, 03:53 PM
Take it off this board, topic closed.