PDA

View Full Version : Adverts

V8VPR
15-05-04, 12:22 AM
I have noticed a high number of "Adverts" appearing on the site recently. Can anyone assure me that the "click-throughs" are for the benefit of the Club, and if so, how?

Purple AK
15-05-04, 07:56 AM
>I have noticed a high number of "Adverts" appearing on the
>site recently. Can anyone assure me that the "click-throughs"
>are for the benefit of the Club, and if so, how?

Spud.
I pressume you are refering to names, phone nos and links posted by members in response to other members queries as to where they can find specific goods or services! In which case I would have thought the answer was obvious.

V8VPR
15-05-04, 04:07 PM
No, sorry. I could have worded that a bit better in retrospect. It's just that I have been considering using some Ads and Banners on my own company website. What I meant to say was "is it worth doing?" Does it generates enough revenue to pay towards the hosting costs? (Does it raise anything at all come to that?). If it does, then great ... if not then I shan't bother.

Jethro
16-05-04, 10:19 AM
Spud

See, what happened was – my mate Denzil tried to make a bob or three by putting some ads on his website ‘cornishboysdoitwithoggies.com’ – trouble was he thought he’d do better if he replied to the adverts himself – cost him £5,000 in the first two months! It didn’t help that he was advertising such things as, “Genuine Original Cornish Pasties for Vegetarians”, and “Chrome Accessories for John Deer Muckspreaders”. He had so many banners that in the end there was no space left on his website for it’s original purpose!

Anyway, back to the old Massey Fergocobra build … she be coming along nicely now. Gonna be in Farmers Union British Racing Brown.

Jethro

robert
22-05-04, 03:53 PM
>I have noticed a high number of "Adverts" appearing on the
>site recently. Can anyone assure me that the "click-throughs"
>are for the benefit of the Club, and if so, how?

The adverts have been there for a long time, yes the click throughs do benefit the club, how, we get cash.