PDA

View Full Version : Rover V8 Engine Mounting Position Question

hfbradley01
02-10-03, 11:32 AM
Hi

This message is aimed at anyone with a DAX Cobra using a Rover V8 engine and gearbox.

Can anyone provide me with some measurements and pics if available of the positioning of the engine and gearbox mounting brackets in relation to the rest of the chassis?

I live in Flint in North Wales and if anyone is reasonably near me I wouldn't mind popping to see you.

Regards
Howard

BenBaron
03-10-03, 09:05 AM
Hi Howard,

Ive just seen your ad on the forsale bits, do you still want measurements ect of the rover mounts or are you now just after a swap?

cheers

Ben

hfbradley01
03-10-03, 10:14 AM
Ben

Thanks for replying, to be honest I don't think I'm going to be lucky enough to find someone with the exact opposite problem to me so the measurements would be appreciated as I think I'm going to end up changing the mounting brackets.

Where are you located as I wouldn't mind having a peek if you're not to far away.

Cheers
Howard

BenBaron
03-10-03, 03:57 PM
Im In lancashire, near Blackburn if thats anyhelp...

I should be going to the garage this weekend (if I can manage to shake of the ball and chain, newly married you see!....)) but Im sure a bit of pursuation will work....
If I go then I'll attempt to take some photos and measurements for ya...

my hope is that somebody out there will do the same for me when Im after swapping to a ford :-)))

:-)

see ya

Ben

hfbradley01
03-10-03, 07:24 PM
Ben

Thanks for taking the time to help out, it's appreciated.

Cheers
Howard

BenBaron
07-10-03, 02:24 PM
Hi Howard,

here we go, Ive attached a couple of piccys and a drawing (I know its sh*t) with some sizes, if anything doesnt make sense then let me know....
:P

Can somebody do the same for me with the Ford 351w mounts....

cheers

Ben

BenBaron
07-10-03, 02:25 PM
bugger would only let me do 4....

one more..

BenBaron
07-10-03, 02:28 PM
that didnt quite work right did it!!!

3 more here then

?????????????/:} :} :} :} :}

why do I keep getting a message telling me my posts contains toomany attachments?

hfbradley01
07-10-03, 10:40 PM
Ben

Thanks for the pics and measurements, I owe you one.

Cheers
Howard

BenBaron
08-10-03, 09:10 AM
no worries, if you need anything else just let me know...

Ben:-)