PDA

View Full Version : How long should the ..........

mclark
13-04-04, 12:23 PM
Nudge bar tubes be for both the front and rear.

Have drilled the holes ready to accept the fixing rod and tube but not sure what the "correct" length is.

Any help appreciated

Michael

mclark
14-04-04, 07:29 AM
Come on!!

Someone must know, if not could someone measure them for me so I can get them as near as damn it :tu :tu

Cheers

Michael

bitterandy
14-04-04, 09:35 AM
Michael,

I'm not sure that there is such a thing as a 'correct' length for either front or rear. I simply propped the nudge-bars up and kept adjusting them until they looked right.

This wasn't hard for the rear, where the limiting factor was the boot-lock (and more importantly, how far the key sticks out of it). It is time-consuming though, because we found the body has some asymmetry to it - and so the tubes needed to be different lengths for each. As such, we did one at a time, mounting the nudge bar after each and measuring for the next. This is easier to do without the fuel tank in place! If you make small mistakes in length, washers can be used between the chassis rail and the tube.

The front also suffers from alot of asymmetry (the chassis horns don't line-up with the body anywhere near perfectly) and so we had to do the same method of one at a time. I don't know whether they've improved this for the DeDion version.

Andy