PDA

View Full Version : a quick question...

Bernie
21-11-03, 08:53 AM
Which of the two pipes on top of the tank does the fuel pipe connect to? Did you just leave the return open to the air (assuming you weren't using it of course)?

ta all

Keith S
21-11-03, 09:05 AM
Bernie,
The answer to your question is that both of the pipes in the Pilgrim supplied tank go to the bottom of the tank, so it doesn't matter which you use as the feed to the engine.
The other one should be blocked off using a bolt (or similar) in a very short lenth of fuel pipe, otherwise you will get fumes in the boot. The Pilgrim cap is vented.
When I build my Sumo I only put in one fuel line to the engine bay as thats all I need with my RV8 SU carbs set up.
However, I have now realised that if I want to change to a Webber I may need a return to the tank. Better to put an extra line in now before you fit the body...........;-)

beanpole
21-11-03, 11:18 AM
I have a webber fitted, just connected one of the feed pipes to the carb, no return needed.

I did notice one of the pipes does reach down further into the tank than the other (about an inch), so used that one, blocked the other one off.

Steve

:tu

breskit
21-11-03, 12:31 PM
Steve,

What sort of fuel pump did you use for your Webber? I have the small standard one supplied by Pilgrim and having asked them last week if it was up to the job for a Webber, I was told that an uprated pump would be better (for 95 I'm sure it would).

Cheers,
Tony B
---
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tony.breski

Bernie
21-11-03, 03:08 PM
It's never as simple as you think, is it?

Thanks chaps!

I have a Webber too, and it works fine with just one fuel line to a plastic can. I have a pump from the local motor factors called an EFP1 from FAI Automotive. Works fine on full revs (but no load).

beanpole
21-11-03, 09:35 PM
Tony,

Seems to be fine with the one supplied by Pilgrim.

Steve

bopit123
23-11-03, 07:51 PM
Keith,

I have the Weber 500 fitted to my RV8 and it only needs the feed pipe, ie no return to the tank.

Steve