PDA

View Full Version : Blue with cream interior in Cullompton Devon

pugwash
19-04-04, 09:01 AM
Saw a lovely Cob on Saturday as i was driving through cullompton- think it was a dax- brightened my day up anyway- any takers?

westborne
22-04-04, 11:09 AM
Might have been me in the morning - Blue with Silver stripes

Or Neil Oakley in the afternoon on his way to my place
Blue with White Stripes

Both Dax
Both Dave Brookes built
Both of us live in the Cullompton/Honiton Area

Neil O
22-04-04, 12:51 PM
It was me if it was blue with cream stripes and cream interior. Also had my 6 year old son riding shotgun.
As Chris rightly says, on my way to his to scrounge a cup of tea.
Unfortunately we stayed a bit too long, it *issed down on us on the way home. x( Didn't stop Harrison falling asleep though.
Parked in the garage, shut the doors........ before I could get to the house the sun came out and it stopped raining !! :v
Oh well, must have been our own personal rain cloud eh? :-)

Cheers,
Neil.

westborne
22-04-04, 01:30 PM
By the way - if the weather is Ok I might take the cob down to the Uffculme show - used to be just sheep but perhaps its got better
I'll let you know - May 3rd

Have pulled out of Rockingham - Croatia ,Estonia, and Lithuania beckon !!

Sorry it *issed on you !

TINKA
22-04-04, 04:27 PM
Chris, do I take it from this post that you are now not going to come to Rockingham. It would be nice if you would let me know so that I can let someone else know that they will be filling in ??

Martin :tu

westborne
23-04-04, 07:13 AM
Sorry Martin - thought I'd confirmed the other night on the phone .

Yes it has been confirmed that the Client wants me in Estonia over that weekend.
As the Client is the European Commission I can't turn him down
(EU 4 million !)
Only confirmed Tuesday of this week
Very sorry if there was a misunderstandiding thought I'd made it clear.
Bollocking received and accepted. !

TINKA
24-04-04, 02:17 PM
Sorry Chris, had a really bad day at work :} :} didn't mean to come on that strong x(

Martin :tu :tu

westborne
26-04-04, 10:29 AM
Dont worry about it Martin

I have very broad shoulders and suffer from sense of humour by-passes just like everyone else - anyway have a bloody good time at Rockingham - I know it well as I was very involved in the Construction of the track !!

The stories I could tell ***********

Regards

TINKA
26-04-04, 12:32 PM
It wasn't you who drove across a newly laid track surface leaving some nice wheel ruts behind was it }( }(

Martin :tu :tu :tu :tu

westborne
28-04-04, 07:19 AM
No - the final surface , as you are aware was laid twice due to moisture weepage, hydraulic action from below - mega row etc.

The guy who was overall Project Manager, nice bloke, went off to Bahrain after Rockingham, and if you saw the first F1 race there you will have seen the results of his efforts.

I get involved in track construction and refurbishment - Thruxton, Pembrey, Toyota and Honda - much more fun than building Roads !!

Regards