PDA

View Full Version : CRC Screen Saver

cobra.mad
23-05-04, 10:20 AM
Hi
I have just bought a new computer and the CRC screen saver keeps hanging.

I was running 98 and had no probs

Now got XP home on a 3.06 gb machine

any ideas?

Chris

robert
23-05-04, 07:38 PM
Are there any error messages when it hangs?

Rob

cobra.mad
23-05-04, 08:31 PM
It asks if an error report should be sent to Microsoft, there is an error report which can be veiwed, here's a screen dump of the start of the error report

Thanks Rob

robert
24-05-04, 05:10 PM
So it just bombs out then. Thanks to microsoft for such a descriptive error message. :mad:

Did you upgrade from 98 to XP or is this a new install?

cobra.mad
24-05-04, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the reply

Yep it just stops, it's a brand new machine with fresh install of XP

Mircosoft as usual not helpful

Not to worry though as I've just found that Xp has a built in screen saver which reads images from a user specified directory and displays as a screen saver with various fades similar to the CRC one, this seems to work OK, I have tried with a number of different images, so I now have all kinds of cobras and build type images flashing arround

Many thanks for looking at the prob'

by the way well done with the new forum it's looking good.

Chris

MacGD016
07-06-04, 08:04 PM
I have the same problem with the GD screensaver but I am running ME, not sure whether it is the screensaver or the system.

dave
07-06-04, 11:32 PM
Me too!!

I did have the CRC screensaver and it used to jam up and also the GDT70 screensaver does exactly the same thing.
I have XP Home edition which came with the machine.

The beauty of Windows XP is that you can use your "My Pictures" file as a screen saver, just download some good pics. and put them into your "My Pictures" file then use it as your screen saver from the screen saver options list....Easy peasy lemon squeezy!!!;)

cobra.mad
07-06-04, 11:47 PM
Hi

You can specify any directory so you don't have to move pictures around

Chris