PDA

View Full Version : Manifold Kit for Dax SBC

dave ridgway
07-05-02, 12:52 PM
Hello

I have been using the forum for info for a few months and have found nearly every answer to every problem I have come across during my Dax build. So a big thankyou to all you knowledgeable experts for helping a beginner so much.

I am in need of some help with my exhaust manifold kit. I bought the kit from Custom Chrome (side pipes,bends,collectors and flanges etc.) I do not have the neccesary skills and equipment to cut and weld the manifold kit (should have checked that out before) so I am thinking of selling the kit and going with the DAX stainless offereing. Problem is that it is V.expensive compared to what I paid for the Custom Chrome kit.

Are there such things as mobile frabricators that I could use to come and build the manifolds for me or does any one else have any suggestions that I can use to avoid paying DAX all that extra cash.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

PS. Great stand at the show, some real nice cars.

mikey
07-05-02, 01:08 PM
Cant help you with the fabrication, but just a few tips. The Dax unit is Stainless wheras Custom Chrome gear is steel. If you get one fabricated get a ceramichrome or similar finish as my Custom chrome pipes are now rusting after 5 years. If you can afford it go for the stainless steel as it is then end of worries with no additional investment.
Regards.
Mike.

dave ridgway
07-05-02, 02:03 PM
Thanks Mike

I think I have found a buyer for my Custom Chrome Kit so I am going to bite the bullet and pay up for the stainless pipes from Dax. Probably best in the long run as you say.

Cheers

Dave