PDA

View Full Version : Rover SD1 motor mounts needed

Klatka
15-06-04, 02:47 AM
I'm currently looking for a set of motor mounts from an SD1. Surely someone has a gathering dust in the corner of the garage. These are the metal ones that bolt to engine. (Cobra content to follow) I need them to complete a V8 swap into a Mk1 Spitfire, just to throw a little fear into the 427 crowd around here.

Thanks
Alan

Alan in California

Purple AK
15-06-04, 08:22 AM
I need them to complete a V8 swap into a Mk1 Spitfire, just to throw a little fear into the 427 crowd around here.

Thanks
Alan

Alan in California
:eek: :eek: :eek:

maxGD059
15-06-04, 08:33 AM
V8 in a Spitfire?????????? Talk about shake, rattle & roll. I recall the scuttle shake was immense in the good old bad old days when I had one, & that was with a mighty 72bhp! God knows how the ageing ladder frame chassis is going to cope with 160+bhp.

Oh & in answer to your question, no can do as my V8 mounts are still in use, sorry

Klatka
15-06-04, 01:39 PM
Max,
The frame has been re-enforced with 2x2 box steel from the front
outriggers back. The last 1/4 of the frame has been cut away and a new one fabricated to accept a Jag IRS on a 4x2 crossmember. So I'm not too sure how much shake and rattle there will be, but I am definitely hoping for some roll. Power output should be ~ 275-325 hp. Stroked 4.0 to 4.9 with Buick 300 heads oversized valves, ported and polished.