PDA

View Full Version : Black Dax smashed in Le Mans

Sheik yerbouti
18-06-04, 08:06 AM
I was in the Depannage Automobile du Maine garage in Le Mans last Friday, 11/6/04...I had snapped a fan belt whilst laying down rubber and playing to the crowd in Arnage..after a nice trip on the back of a pick up truck we arrived at the garage...inside was a Black Dax with more problems than me!!! front end looked like it had been grounded, rad was well bent and the oil cooler was on the garage floor!!! Was it you??? and how did you get on? I found the mechanics very helpful and i was back on the road in an hour.

V8 BJC
18-06-04, 11:52 AM
Black Dax.......

Le Man ...........

Not heard from Plod for a while ...........

Any connection ?

Paul - you out there ? - Hope this was not your car mate.

dave
18-06-04, 05:21 PM
I know who's it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The RAC are bringing it to my workshop either Monday or Tuesday for repair.

I think he hit a rut while driving around the camping area.:eek:

Miket
18-06-04, 07:18 PM
Come on then Dave, don't keep us in suspense :confused: :confused: :confused:

DiggleBBC
22-06-04, 10:10 PM
I've got pictures of the poor afflicted beast.
Doesn't look too bad really, dislodged oil radiator and a cracked windscreen, not not too bad.

Bigblock
23-06-04, 07:03 AM
Never drive through the long grass in the camping areas @LeMan, the buggers used to mark out the pitches with triangluar lumps of concrete and havn't bothered to clear them up since the 70's, seen a few over the years take out the bottom of Cobs. Saw an F50 get his sump stuck on one, had the problem did he go forward or backwards - I think he was a French bloke, most of the Brits in camping white left him with it.