PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans Classic

robert
21-06-04, 03:04 PM
Right, lets start this off then.

Le Mans Classic, who is going and where are you staying?

Rob

Steve
21-06-04, 03:19 PM
I'm going, camping with all of the south west chaps, closest to the bar!

Miket
21-06-04, 04:06 PM
I'm going, staying at a Formula 1 in Arnarge for 2 nights, (Tues and Wed) then moving to campsite on the Thursday morning when it opens. :cool: :cool:

So are a few other chaps from the SW

P.S. Steve, don't forget your chair:rolleyes:

TINKA
21-06-04, 05:48 PM
I am going as well, travelling down on the Tuesday, staying a couple of nights and then camping with everyone else if we can manage to rope off a nice sized patch. :)

tonym
21-06-04, 06:05 PM
I'll be following Tinka (at a distance unless i get my EFI running correctly), we'll be staying at a b&b close by cos we don't "do" camping :D

Miket
21-06-04, 11:10 PM
I'll be following Tinka (at a distance unless i get my EFI running correctly), we'll be staying at a b&b close by cos we don't "do" camping :D

Evening Tony

I hate camping, but its the only way to soak up the athmosphere, I don't know if you want to be a Tony no mates, as you will not be able to get into the Campsite, without as pass, suppose we can meet you every morning for breakfast in your 5***** hotel. ;) ;)

westborne
22-06-04, 11:57 AM
Going as well - decided to stay in a posh place for two nights then camping from Thursday onwards

Miket
22-06-04, 12:07 PM
Have you a spare bed in this posh place :D :D :D

westborne
22-06-04, 01:35 PM
You dont need a spare bed - rumour has it you sleep hanging upside down from a roof beam !!!!

Miket
22-06-04, 01:37 PM
:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d

westborne
22-06-04, 01:39 PM
Too subtle for me pal !!!

Miket
22-06-04, 01:44 PM
They where supposed to be smileys :D :D :D

westborne
22-06-04, 01:46 PM
What ? Is it a machine gun ?

westborne
22-06-04, 01:47 PM
By the way - popping into Brookesy on the way back from Manchester - is it peeing down yet in the SW ?

Miket
22-06-04, 01:56 PM
Yes, cold, wet and miserable :(

plod
22-06-04, 08:58 PM
clarky and I heading down there in N20. Dover -Calais arriving Cal @ 09.30 local time, meeting Crendon man somewhere South of Dieppe and cruising to the campsite which I know not it's name, but miket does. Hoping to get to get the pimp tent set up around 2/3pm on the Thursday

Paul.

I'm surprised Miket is still here... Paid the money ages ago and still no ticket.. He must be posting from Barbados or something..

Miket
22-06-04, 09:24 PM
Have e-mailed today to find out where they are, but no reply yet

tonyevans
26-06-04, 05:22 PM
Mike
my itinary will be identical with yours, if I could join up with you guys in Poole for the crossing and trip down it would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tony Evans

Miket
26-06-04, 05:33 PM
Hi Tony

I have your ferry ticket here I will post it to you, just in case there are any problems, I will give you the race tickets and camping pass at the ferry port, if that suits you.

milanomonster
02-07-04, 01:08 PM
I will be going in my SRv8. First big outing, hope it makes it. Crossing Thursday, back Monday. Am camping with friends from the Triumph Sports Six Club. I know there was a guy looking to see an SRv8 in the flesh. I can't find the post but if you read this you are very welcome to view etc.

It is an 97 SRv8 with a 351W repower engine reg number whp427 and is brooklands green.

Brian

My mobile is 07776226607

See you all there.

TonyD
02-07-04, 02:27 PM
I know its a bit late to book in advance but is it possible to just turn up at the gates and buy tickets ?

My build buddy and myself are just in the process of negotiating weekend passes from the respective Mrs's and if we can get down to Le Mans it would be great as the beasts first outing.

What would be the problems just turning up on spec, accomodation wise etc and also bearing in mind we dont want to camp.

Cheers,

Tony

Miket
02-07-04, 03:57 PM
Hi Tony

I don't think you will have a problem with race tickets, you should be able to buy them on the gate, can't say what accomodation will be like, you could always kip in the Cobra :rolleyes:

TINKA
02-07-04, 05:14 PM
Hi Tony, my wife has recently been sorting some accommodation out for Norman No Mates ( Tony M :p ) and you will have a bit of a problem as she found all the places are getting booked up fast. Don't be such a Bore and CAMP WITH THE REST OF US ;)

Miket
02-07-04, 05:17 PM
He won't get a camping pass now, unless Just Tickets have any at top price :(

tonym
02-07-04, 11:01 PM
Hi Tony, my wife has recently been sorting some accommodation out for Norman No Mates ( Tony M :p ) and you will have a bit of a problem as she found all the places are getting booked up fast. Don't be such a Bore and CAMP WITH THE REST OF US ;)

Mmmmmm, perhaps it's best if I'm not with the CAMP people Martin ducky :D

robert
03-07-04, 12:30 AM
Mmmmmm, perhaps it's best if I'm not with the CAMP people Martin ducky :D
Less of the Camp thank-you very much. I don't know Martin, never have and never will do. :D :D

TINKA
03-07-04, 09:47 AM
bitch.......... :eek:

milanomonster
03-07-04, 10:51 AM
im going stopping with the triumph sports six club friends from my former car life. crossing portsmouth cherbourg fastlink thursday am returning monday. 175 return special club rate

brian srv8351w whp427

robert
03-07-04, 12:28 PM
im going stopping with the triumph sports six club friends from my former car life. crossing portsmouth cherbourg fastlink thursday am returning monday. 175 return special club rate

brian srv8351w whp427
Is that the 6:45 crossing? If so we are on that aswell.

Rob

crendonman
14-07-04, 04:13 PM
Hi All,

Three members arriving in two cars around 19.30hrs on Thursday.

I'm coming down in the Crendon with my son and we are meeting up with N20 COB (Paul the Plod) and m clark just south of Dieppe.

We are staying at Maison Blanche camping.

Any chance one of you guys who arrive earlier can reserve an area big enough for us lot?!!

Theres copious amounts of beer in it for you!!

Look forward to seeing y'all.

Miket
14-07-04, 05:38 PM
Hi David

We, the South West lot are going down on Tuesday, so we should have the pick of the campsite when it opens on Thursday, I will try my best to reserve a big enough pitch for all of us, I have bought some electric fencing posts to mark out the pitch, just trying to get some Police incident tape of Plod. :cool:

TonyD
14-07-04, 07:16 PM
Weekend passes arranged, hotel booked, Hoverspeed crossing arranged, cats removed and replaced by straightpipes, international breakdown cover organised...............seems like we'll be over with all you reprobates.( if I can't pluck up enough courage, or the weathers too bad, to take the Cobra I'll be in a tin top and combine the race with a beer run).

How will I know where to meet up with all you campers, is there a meeting point arranged at the circuit?

Cheers,

Tony

crendonman
14-07-04, 07:19 PM
Hi Mike,

I thought the promise of beer would catch your eye!!

By the way we should arrive 17.30hrs on Thursday not 19.30 as stated previously.

Look forward to meeting up.

robert
14-07-04, 07:21 PM
Hi David

We, the South West lot are going down on Tuesday, so we should have the pick of the campsite when it opens on Thursday, I will try my best to reserve a big enough pitch for all of us, I have bought some electric fencing posts to mark out the pitch, just trying to get some Police incident tape of Plod. :cool:
Are there any young people like me coming, or is it all old farts. :D :D

Might as well start as I mean to go on. :rolleyes:

Rob

TINKA
14-07-04, 08:50 PM
Hi Robert, just told Helen what you think of her and she is looking forward to catching :eek: up with you over there. :p

Miket
14-07-04, 09:03 PM
Are there any young people like me coming, or is it all old farts. :D :D

Might as well start as I mean to go on. :rolleyes:

Rob
Thats what the electic fence is for, to keep out all the young buggers who can't take there ale :D

robert
14-07-04, 09:43 PM
Hi Robert, just told Helen what you think of her and she is looking forward to catching :eek: up with you over there. Oh, didn't know that Helen was coming. I had better be on my best behaviour then, she scares me. :p :p

Can you ask her what I have in my car, was it a turbo or supercharger?? :rolleyes:

Rob

Miket
14-07-04, 11:01 PM
All the folks who have booked through me, we have paddock passes included with the race tickets, entry to the paddock have a strict dress code of smart casual, they recommend ties and jackets (I might chuck a tie in), so if you turn up in beachcomber shorts and vest, don't blame me for not pre-warning you.

TINKA
14-07-04, 11:02 PM
I think it was a hedge or was it that post. :cool: :p

Miket
14-07-04, 11:10 PM
Confused by the reply :confused::confused::confused::confused:

robert
15-07-04, 10:20 AM
I think it was a hedge or was it that post. :cool: :p
Get back in the cupboard Mrs Sharp!!!!

robert
15-07-04, 10:22 AM
Confused by the reply
I am not confused, but Tinka will be very confused now that his access to the CRC Site has been redirected to the Labour Party site. :D :D

Rob

Miket
15-07-04, 10:26 AM
Nice one :eek: :eek:

Ah, the pennies now dropped on Tinka's post. ;) ;)

Neil O
15-07-04, 11:35 AM
Rob,

I'm not one of the 'old farts'. See you there.

Mike,

I can hold my ale, it's the red wine that I'm allergic to !! (as you know already)

Cheers,

Neil.

Ps. anyone else already got the car packed, sat in the driving seat, waiting to go?
Or is it just me?

crendonman
15-07-04, 01:28 PM
Ps. anyone else already got the car packed, sat in the driving seat, waiting to go?
Or is it just me?[/quote:fbe96d135f]

Neil

I'm so old - I've only just managed, to lever myself off of the driving seat, from my visit to LM in June!!

Car still packed and seat warm!!

Just remember we may not be as young as Rob and you, but we're better looking and all the totty likes the more mature men!!

DONT THEY MIKE?

Miket
15-07-04, 04:27 PM
Just remember we may not be as young as Rob and you, but we're better looking and all the totty likes the more mature men!!

DONT THEY MIKE?
Yes, I think it must feel safe with us older men, they realise that are bits don't work as well as they used to :(

Steve
15-07-04, 04:47 PM
Anyone else on the 11.15 Portsmouth crossing on Thursday?