PDA

View Full Version : The Right Turn

choogh
29-06-04, 03:43 PM
Is it me, or have driving instructors been teaching "another" way to make a right turn. The "new" way as practised by women and boy racers is to stop the car in the middle of the lane, turn the wheels to the right (but don't actually move forward) indicate (optional), wait untill the opposite lane is clear (desireable but, still optional), then move off, totally ignore the traffic behing who cannot get passed. If challenged, give the finger..
The old way was... Indicate in good time your intentions, move to the crown of the road, wait untill oncoming traffic lane is clear, move off, cancell indicator.
When did all this change ??
P122ed Off behind a right turner.
charlie.

robert
29-06-04, 03:53 PM
Yes, it seem the right turn filter lanes are now an option aswell. :( :(

Rob

Grease Monkey
29-06-04, 03:58 PM
They probably teach the new 'right turn' manouvere instead of teaching people how to park.

or reverse.

or read the road.

or stay in lane on roundabouts

FatBoy
29-06-04, 04:51 PM
Arrgh....don't talk about "staying on lanes on roundabouts" :mad:

I commute into and out of Coventry each day and the standard of driving, and particularly on roundabouts, is the worst I have ever come across. I think the majority of Coventry drivers thinks the white paint is there for decoration :confused:

Some old git drove into the side of my car a week or so ago, scratched all down the side, and then drove off without stopping. Fortunately, I got his number, but it was typical of the standard in Coventry.

BTW I had the damage repaired by ChipsAway. It was all done in one day, and the repair is completely invisible...excellent job and highly recommended. :D

Paul

Robin427
08-07-04, 10:26 AM
People who brake for green lights?

Purple AK
08-07-04, 10:43 AM
They probably teach the new 'right turn' manouvere instead of teaching people how to park.

or reverse.

or read the road.

or stay in lane on roundabouts
You forgot Tailgating!!
When you consider that 2 million drivers on our roads today are Unlicensed, Uninsured, Not Mot'd or Taxed! :eek: I guess they don't really worry about showing Due Care and Attention to others. All of the above really p**s me off, But if I encounter someone drivering like a pr*t, I tend to leave them plenty of room, cos if the inevitable happens, it's me thats gonna be out of pocket!! :mad:
Rant Over

gwak76
08-07-04, 10:48 AM
Have you noticed that between 10am and 3pm all the old Duffers are out crawling around, causing low speed crashes, slow hit and runs and causing mojor traffic jams:mad:

They scurry off home at 3pm before the phycso mothers in 4x4's come out and show em how bad driving can get:D

Thank god I work nights when the only twats are those in black things with TAXI on the roof.

Sorry to any Duffers who drive cabs.

Gary

breskit
08-07-04, 11:06 AM
Interesting thought about tailgaiting. I was on the way through town the other day and noticed a transit van coming towards me. Nice van, I thought (not really, just makes for interesting reading).

Then, as the van went past me, I noticed the moped on 'L' plates. Couldn't have been more than two feet from the back of the van. What would happen if the van stopped suddenly behing the person turning right? Well, I think we can all gues....

madjohnny
08-07-04, 04:55 PM
People who brake for green lights?
People who brake when there are no lights about even,

or cars,

or people,

Just brake to test thier brakes will work when they really need to use them!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!

gwak76
08-07-04, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE] Just brake to test thier brakes will work when they really need to use them!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!! [/quote:cec05e5387]

Sorry, thats me setting up my brake bias valve :D

madjohnny
08-07-04, 05:07 PM
That's an awful long way to come and check your brakes out!

gwak76
08-07-04, 05:14 PM
I did not intend to go that far, the things would not stop me :eek:

gareth08
09-07-04, 06:29 PM
Maybe we should just revert to anarchy on the roads.That would be fun.Think I'll buy a tank (or a Volvo)
Gareth

gwak76
09-07-04, 07:21 PM
Gareth

dont joke, did you see how many Cobra drivers owned Volvos in the car sins post:eek:

Purple AK
09-07-04, 07:24 PM
Ahem.......:D

gareth08
10-07-04, 08:07 PM
Chris
Don't tell me you own a Volvo.No.Surley not.Not the man who has a nearly finished AK.You know about tyres so do they still do them solid ones for volvos caus'e of the weight.
Cobra owners with Volvos!!!!!!! What the Bl!!dy hell is going on.
Gareth

gwak76
11-07-04, 11:47 AM
Safe all week :eek: , mad weekends :D , Volvos and cobras

Grease Monkey
11-07-04, 06:52 PM
On our fishing trips, we tend to take so much kit that it would never fit in my 306, or the father in laws 205, so we go in our mates elderly volvo estate.

Every trip he meanders down the M5 to plymouth at 65mph and wanders back at the same speed while weaving around somewhat.

I put it down to him being a cr4p driver, until on one trip he asked me to drive as he was tired.

I put the boot down, got to 70 and promptly slowed down again. It was HORRIBLE. It drove like an old Series 3 land rover, the type with a 1 second time time delay between the steering wheel and the road wheels.

It was the most alarming experience since i was driven by female friend in a Fiat Panda. :eek: :eek: I still have nightmares about that trip....

gareth08
11-07-04, 09:19 PM
Hmmm
Seem to remember a programme by Jeremy Clarkson on Volvos.I belive that it was so crap he crashed it into a tree.Think he refered to the 3 series as 2 tons of pig iron.
Gareth

Purple AK
11-07-04, 10:01 PM
Hmmm
Seem to remember a programme by Jeremy Clarkson on Volvos.I belive that it was so crap he crashed it into a tree.Think he refered to the 3 series as 2 tons of pig iron.
Gareth
The Volvo in question was a 760GLE auto saloon the same as mine!!:cool: He actually drove it through a brick wall, and it came out the other side still driveable:D I actually like it cos it's a2.8i V6, with leather, abs, air con and electric everything, Cost me 800 3 years ago with less than 90k on the clock, It's cost me diddly squat to keep on the road since then :) It supprises a lot of people away from the lights, And it cruises at more than 3 figures on the motorway comfortably with some to spare, (straight as a die) And, I'm old enough to get away with it! ;)

MetaJacko
13-07-04, 10:34 AM
...And it cruises at more than 3 figures on the motorway comfortably with some to spare, (straight as a die) ...

Wow! Your volvo does over 999mph!!! :eek:
What do you need a Cobra for???!!! :p

PaulJ