PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cobra outside Bristol DVA office.

the rock doc
05-07-04, 06:38 PM
Seen by my wife outside the Bristol DVLA office on Monday July 5th.

Quote:

In the car park outside was a new blue Cobra, with side pipes, two roll bars, cream uphosltery - very nice! No number plate, and can only assume the driver was there registering. As a matter of fact I smiled at one chap I thought I recognised but he didn't say anything so no wiser as to who the car belonged to. :) :) :)

The Pretender
05-07-04, 07:39 PM
Yes that little beauty belongs to me!!

It was probably seen by MANY people today, as I was there for 3 hours this morning !!!! I am just putting together a report for posting around my experiences at Bristol DVLA .... They tried to issue a Q plate !!!!!

Thanks to your good lady for her comments

Mike

ps. applogise if was me who did not smile, but DVLA tried to never make me smile AGAIN !!!!

the rock doc
05-07-04, 08:21 PM
Mike,

Sorry to hear about your problems.:(

I would have been there myself but am in the darkest depths of Venezuela at the moment. Will you be going along to any of the Bristol or Wessex meets?

Will look forward to any pics, what type did you build.

Cheers.

The Rock Doc

The Pretender
06-07-04, 10:25 PM
Hi Rob :D

Yes I do go to the Bristol meets when possible, and now the cob's on the road will make more time to attend runs and the PUB!!:)

The car is a Pilgrim, using Granada running gear and RV8 3.5 - Goes like the wind!!:eek:

I'll try to make your organised run, so you can give her a good look over

Haven't worked out sending pic's on the new site yet, so if you would like to see some pic's then send Email address, and I'll be happy to send some to you.

Mike :D

The Pretender
06-07-04, 10:36 PM
Hope this works:confused:

Mike

tonym
06-07-04, 10:48 PM
Very pretty Mike, shame you couldn't get out in her tonight, personally i'd have gone out in the rain :D
You still haven't told us all about your DVLA experiences yet?:eek:

Miket
06-07-04, 10:54 PM
Mike

Nice looking motor, I still think the Pilgrim body shape is one of the most original looking on the market. :)

the rock doc
07-07-04, 12:00 AM
Mike,

Congrats on a great looking motor. :)

You are more than welcome to join us on the run in August. I will send out details nearer the time depending on weather, harvesting etc.!!!!!

Attached is from our Wessex run on the hottest day last year. Ended up with ten in my garden (mine is hidden down the far end).

Cheers.

Rob

Paul B
07-07-04, 12:13 PM
Hi

You could also join us, the Bristol branch, as our forthcoming drive into Wales.

On 18th July we are meeting near Cardiff for a 100 - 120 mile tour arranged by Kevin Davies.

If you are interested in coming either email me or see Kevin's posting under "Trips out & drives". It should be good if only the weather clears up !!!!

Paul B

The Pretender
08-07-04, 07:31 PM
Paul

I'm hoping to make the run from Cowbridge, but probably this will be determined by Pilgrim, who are supplying the roof;) but and are out of stock of the hood bows:(

Mike

kdavies3
09-07-04, 10:41 AM
Mike, let's hope the forecast is good for next Sunday then you won't need to worry about a hood.

Hopefully see you at the Downs Cafe near Cowbridge.

The Pretender
09-07-04, 05:58 PM
Kev, I'm keeping my finger's crossed!!!:rolleyes:

Is the Down's cafe the old little chef ? on Bridgend bound side

or on the opposite side

Mike

kdavies3
10-07-04, 12:24 PM
The Downs Cafe is on the Cardiff bound side (the one opposite what was a Little Chef), The one which was the L Chef is now the Mugal Emperer Indian Restaurant, I can recommend it I was there last night, YUMMY!! :D

The Pretender
10-07-04, 05:08 PM
Got It!!

Mike:)