PDA

View Full Version : URGENT BMW recall....

simon
23-07-04, 06:57 PM
Please Pass This On To All Bmw Drivers As A Matter Of Urgency. :)

gwak76
23-07-04, 07:15 PM
Thank god it was BMW and not Volvo, there would have been a revolt judging by the number of owners on this site :D

Purple AK
23-07-04, 09:03 PM
Oiiiiii :eek: :(

maxGD059
23-07-04, 09:11 PM
I take exception to this post too. I think its all those front wheel daily drivers getting jealous 'cos they can't have any fun in the week by turning their traction control off. Back me up please Rob!

westborne
27-07-04, 12:07 PM
I think its brill - have cut out the form to leave under wipers of cars that offend !!!

Might change the BMW to a dotted line to write in !!

mikey
27-07-04, 12:39 PM
Spot on

I've got a 330 and I dont drive like a placid puffta like all those people out there who dont drive BMW's. Keep getting fed up of all those other metallic heaps that keep getting in the way - should be crushed I say.

All cars should be banned exept Cobra Replicas and BMW's.

Dont bother replying, I know you all agree.

Mike.

maxGD059
27-07-04, 01:39 PM
Mike

Well said my man. Nothing better than trying to get that little yellow light on in the centre of the dash -makes an ordinary commute far more interesting! :)

rsk289
27-07-04, 01:44 PM
Interesting ... is there are pattern emerging here? I have a Cobra, Ford 289 powered Hawk, and I also have a 330 (granted, it's an estate, but a bloody fast one). Something to do with enjoying your driving experience, perhaps?

Roger

robert
27-07-04, 02:51 PM
I take exception to this post too. I think its all those front wheel daily drivers getting jealous 'cos they can't have any fun in the week by turning their traction control off. Back me up please Rob!
Max

Backed up to the hilt!!!!!

Many times I have had a funny look because its not every day you see a BMW 740 broadside round a roundabout. :D :D

That notice should be for Merc drivers, god they are atrocious at indicating!!!!!!!

ATB

Rob

RichardG
27-07-04, 04:30 PM
BMWs are devoid of passion, character, soul and style. IMHO :p Yes, some are fast, some handle well, some even aren't dog ugly. But, ultimately they just aren't cool. :D

maxGD059
27-07-04, 04:44 PM
Richard
I don't care -I take the cob if I want to be cool; the BMW if I want to be dry!

RichardG
27-07-04, 05:19 PM
Like two good Quakers, we'll have to agree to disagree!

mikey
27-07-04, 07:55 PM
Yes, but we are right and you are wrong, so its healthy to disagree, especially for us.

Some are not ugly? What do you mean.

All a matter of opinion really. - By the way, re your question, Saturday night the dog hair removal brush is available at Halfords, and of course it moves grey hairs.

Only Kidding - a lot of people like Moskovitches.

By the way re: orange lights - I didn't relise until a few weeks ago that simply pressing the button turned off just the corner traction control an not rear wheel traction. At the time I was still dissapointed with the thing dying when powering away from a junction.

I then learnt that keeping the button depressed for over a second brought a second orange light on the dash, disabling everything. Smile now from ear to ear.

By the way Rob - 740 - you have just made me jealous. That apart from a new M CSL would be my desire. Yum Yum.

Off to get the Good Boy drops.

Yehah
Mike

RichardG
27-07-04, 08:27 PM
Mike,

You're getting confused, it's you who are wrong!! Undoubtedly, the 330 is quite quick, for a car, but lets face it, its so bland and nothing to look at. Don't get me started on how many of them you see on the roads these days driven by what I only assume are estate agents or hair dressers. Usually breaking too hard around corners too. But you love it so that's nice. ;)

TonyD
27-07-04, 09:35 PM
How about a 740 BMW engine in a Cobra....no traction control and Kamikaze Sport mode.. the best of both worlds, as long as you can keep its bum ,and hence exhaust, off the floor ......... oh and 25 mpg over the Le Mans weekend as well !!

Cheers,

Tony

mikey
28-07-04, 07:15 AM
All those people with poor taste - I see what you mean

Always wanted to be a hairdresser, failed miserably and had to become an architect instead. Suppose I should be praising the sculptural lines of a 2 CV or commenting on the impacting beauty of a mondrianne.
Nah. Thats not much fun. Cobra forum is much more fun than the Louvre - cheers for the facility Rob and the stimulating debate guys.

Mike.

crendonman
28-07-04, 10:03 AM
740's are great for getting into tight parking spots also!! ;) ;) :D

Are'nt they Rob??

robert
28-07-04, 11:17 AM
740's are great for getting into tight parking spots also!! ;) ;) :D

Are'nt they Rob??
A masterful bit of driving if I do say so myself. :D

Rob

maxGD059
28-07-04, 01:39 PM
Mikey

Being a bloke, I never read the instructions & didn't realise I'd been only disabling the corner traction control. Now with both yellow lights on it's like being a naughty schoolboy behind the wheel -can't wait till it rains again ;) Thanks for the tip