PDA

View Full Version : Fell in love in Seville

Span Cobra
19-08-04, 08:33 PM
:-} Hello everyone:

First thing ..sorry for my english(I know is crap):o .Well,I rode down to Seville a month ago, and once there Ive was riding in the town and got shocked..saw the most exciting car i have ever seen..never heard about Cobras and kitcars,in fact I was waiting to sell my old car to buy an used Porsche Boxster...(of course that was a silly idea...hehe).Well,i would like to know if one of the clubbers could give me information about a good site to buy an used Dax Tojeiro,and if anyone knows about problems with ITV (spanish MOT),I cant get information in spanish sites:-( ,they are too simple about kitcars...and,please,if anyone speak spanish,it would be even easier to get the advice.

thanks a lot ;)

Purple AK
19-08-04, 09:03 PM
Hello, and welcome.

Try a PM to Jesus in the members list, He is from Granada :thumb:

Span Cobra
19-08-04, 10:55 PM
thanks a lot,Chris

plod
19-08-04, 10:56 PM
My Dax is for sale :angel: , not a cheap one, but had some money spent on it

Paul.

Robin427
20-08-04, 02:10 PM
I'll give you 25 for it

craigh
20-08-04, 03:30 PM
is that with a full tank of petrol?

crendonman
20-08-04, 03:41 PM
I'll give you 25 for it
Its got a Chevy in it so you may wish to reconsider your generous offer :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

robert
20-08-04, 04:06 PM
Its got a Chevy in it so you may wish to reconsider your generous offer :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)At least we won't have to push it to start it then. :D

crendonman
20-08-04, 04:13 PM
At least we won't have to push it to start it then. :D
No probs now Rob since fitting the new High Torque Starter :thumb:
She starts first time, every time.

At least mines not smoking and still using copious amounts of oil though eh! :D ;) ;)

Span Cobra
20-08-04, 05:12 PM
erm..25 pounds?not interested in a scale model..ty.Now serious,whats the model ,the price,year,and extras,please.And first thing i have to know is if it will pass the spanish homologation(they are really stupid).thanks

kdavies3
20-08-04, 05:27 PM
Here you go it's plods motor. :thumb:

http://www.cobraclub.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=153&sort=2&cat=5&page=1

Also take a look at the other classifieds

plod
20-08-04, 08:48 PM
Cwoar nice motor.... And driven by a Policeman too!

How about a pic from the rear? As thats how most GD' will see it and certainly one Crendon which was operating without flip flop power..:-}

Paul

callum
20-08-04, 09:53 PM
Ah yes that would be the lardier arse of the 427 fanatics! Not quite the svelte well bred English girl under a GD's skirts who can swing her hips through bends that would make 'Dionne' squirm!

Purple AK
20-08-04, 10:08 PM
Ah yes that would be the lardier arse of the 427 fanatics! Not quite the svelte well bred English girl under a GD's skirts who can swing her hips through bends that would make 'Dionne' squirm!Read as Wrong Shape! :thumb:

plod
20-08-04, 10:09 PM
Not lardy mate, curvy and voluptuous. Skin and bone is out Callum, long legs and size 12' are the current interest.

As for corners... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That pic I posted? The Gd will be along in a minute..

Hee hee..

x x

Paul

Miket
20-08-04, 10:13 PM
How about a pic from the rear? As thats how most GD' will see it..:-}

Paul Paul Mate, a GD couldn't get that close to your rear, the owners might :finger: :finger:

Purple AK
20-08-04, 10:18 PM
We are informed buy Mrs O that Paul has a Fit Ar*e

dave
21-08-04, 09:32 PM
Ah yes that would be the lardier arse of the 427 fanatics! Not quite the svelte well bred English girl under a GD's skirts who can swing her hips through bends that would make 'Dionne' squirm!

Hi Callum.

That Lardy arsed Dax is 69" across the rear arches. Now go and measure your GD !!! It will be interesting to see how slender your racing snake is in comparison.

From your last sentence can i assume that you are one of the 15-20 people who have ever driven the new Dax chassis??? I think not!!! Out of respect I think you should reserve judgement until you have....................................Unless you are running scared of something, which is usually the case!

As I have driven/ built (Although I'm no racing driver) 5 of the 6 De Dion Daxes that are currently on the road what I can say is that it feels very "Planted" and has masses more grip in the bends than the std. chassis (Which is pretty good considering the chassis layout and geometry) and when you do manage to push it until it starts to slide it is very progressive and even a crap driver like me can play it on the throttle.
I have never driven a GD but one day that will happen, until then i will not comment on it's handling other than to say "That by all accounts the GD handles extremely well".

I don't have a problem with GD's, just with people with a chip on their shoulder.
Why don't GD anoraks have a go at the handling on the Pilgrim or AK?............................................... ..........................Because they do not see it as a threat!

Just to prove that i don't have a problem with GD's, here's a picture of at GDT70 I'm building in my workshop.

Rant over.
Have a nice day...And go and get your measuring tape, cos I gotta know.;)

plod
21-08-04, 09:50 PM
Blimey Dave :eek: I dont think he meant that much harm, but I appreciate your vote of confidence.

I'venerver driven a Gd either, but i'm slightly bitter and dont really want to.. I like how mine handles and should I ever get out of shape too much (dont mention Indianapols Clark!) and lose it, then I'll hold my hands up and say it was me not the car.

I just like the banter which I know is what you were doing Dave.

who's for a cuppa?

Paul :o

dave
21-08-04, 10:15 PM
Weak n' milky with two sugars for me..........................................Tea bags please, I hate lose tea!

I just got carried away......................As y' do.

Why is it that every now and then a GD owner (not all of them I must add (One or two of the are quite normal)) will jump up and shout about either shape or handling without provocation?................................Parano ia! It must be cos there's no other explanation.
I don't think they should be paranoid, the Granada based Sumo looks quite nice.

I'm off again....................Cancel the tea I think I'd better have a saucer of milk, meeow!
If I don't stop soon though Rob'll join in and he is hard work to bitch with cos he can type faster than me and he knows lots of big words.

Purple AK
21-08-04, 10:56 PM
Mine dos'nt come out wrapped in rose scented parcels either Dave :thumb: What is it with these guys? We should all be grateful to own a Cobra Rep whatever it is!!:( My cheque book did'nt stretch to a GD at the time! And I ended up with my head in the block twice!! Ak and Ford :o Does for me :thumb: And I love the LARD AR*E look!:D

gwak76
21-08-04, 11:11 PM
Hey

I have simplest outlook, Iam at the bottom so everything looks good :-(

Robin427
21-08-04, 11:14 PM
My cheque book didn't stretch to a GD

God bless the credit card...

Mine's over the 30 mark and going strong!!

dave
21-08-04, 11:55 PM
Hi Robin.
When's that website of yours getting a thorough update so we can see where all your hard earned has gone?

Robin427
22-08-04, 09:12 AM
Um... I updated bits of it a week or so ago... the thorough update is, as always, pending...

I expect you want to see the best way to build a GD so you can offer your services?