PDA

View Full Version : New to this site

cobron
19-09-04, 10:15 PM
Hi,
I'm Cobron. Just registered to your forum. Looks great to me. I' ve just started building a Cobra, after making plans to do so for about two years.
Recently purchased an '86 305 sbc, which I' m rebuilding at the moment. Hope to finish this project within two years, but maybe I'm too optimistical!? I haven' t bought or ordered the chassis or body yet.

Just a question that's been going on in my mind, lately; Maybe someone has an answer to this or came across the same thought:

I intend to build a Pilgrim Sumo; The chassis and the pricing seem to offer the best value for money to me. But, to be honest, I do not like the shape of the bodywork from Pilgrim. The Dax bodywork looks a lot better to me. Are these interchangeable, I mean, would a body delivered by Dax fit (maybe with some adjustments) on a Pilgrim Chassis?
Anyone?
Thanks in advance,
Cobron

TINKA
19-09-04, 10:26 PM
Hi Cobron, don't think it is as simple as that. Best bet would be to bye a Dax if that is what you prefer or an AK as it is pretty similar in shape to the Dax.

decooney
21-09-04, 07:59 AM
Hello,
My name is Duane, I am new to this site, but not new to Cobras. I have a few parts availability questions from time to time and thought to try posting on cobraclub.com. Posting a quick hello here after registering today on your great site. Thanks, I also hope to learn more about how the UK lives and breathes Cobras! :thumb:

Folsom, California - USA
ERA 427 SC Cobra

gareth08
23-09-04, 11:37 PM
Cobron
Simple bit of advice.If you want to build a kit car that you just bolt together DONT buy a sumo unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time making bits up coz the parts supplied dont fit.Dont know what other kits are like but having built a MK3 sumo I would NOT build another.
Regards0
Gareth