PDA

View Full Version : Weekend in Paris

chiffer
20-09-04, 04:50 PM
The wife took me to Paris for the weekend as a birthday present, I payed of course.
Jesus, the cost of it. A half litre of beer and a pepsi by Notre Damn 10.00!!!
Two very mediocre meals in flash restaurant 140.00!!!
Two bottles of wine 40.00!!! Could have been bought at Asda for a tenner, or in a retaurant in Leeds 30.00.
Plus a lot more in various bars around Paris. Total cost around 550.00 for two nights and one and a half days.(not including purchases)
Could have spent the money on some good Cobra bits, but the wife enjoyed it especially the shops, so a good time was had by us both, if you get my drift.:-(
Paris has to be one of the most expensive cities there is.
PS. Suppose I should not complain, she did let me spend a shed load of money on buying a Cobra in the first place.:) :) :)

MacGD016
20-09-04, 05:29 PM
A mate of mine recently went to Venice for similar reasons and paid 46 for a G&T and coke in St Marks square, makes cob parts seem very reasonable

mikey
20-09-04, 05:34 PM
Ho he ho.
Sounds expensive nooky to me.
c'est la vie.
Mike

tarmacscratcher
20-09-04, 08:01 PM
Just come back from Amsterdam, that was quite reasonable......I'm not married though... ;)

mylesdw
20-09-04, 08:11 PM
I remember paying outrageously for a beer in Copenhagen, about seven quid a bottle as far as I remember. Here in Christchurch things are comparatively cheap, only the very top restaurants charge more than $30 for a main course (about 11 ukp) with most being about half that. Oh, and petrol is 35 pence per litre here...

robert
20-09-04, 08:29 PM
Oh, and petrol is 35 pence per litre here...
Right, you're banned. :D :D :D

chiffer
21-09-04, 12:37 PM
Just come back from Amsterdam, that was quite reasonable......I'm not married though... ;)
Agree. Did Amsterdam last year and thought it reasonable. Same in Brussels. But still can not get my head round the fact that the wine is so expensive to buy in these cities, when they actually produce it themselves. Suppose this is commerce.:mad:

maxGD059
21-09-04, 01:41 PM
You want to try Zermatt then. The cheapest wine is around 30 quid a bottle, its Swiss & undrinkable :-( . It led to a somewhat more sober skiing holiday than usual which I suppose is not all bad :angel: