PDA

View Full Version : Elvington Weekender Overview

robert
02-10-04, 10:58 PM
Ok, we had a fantastic time at Elvington in 2003 and yes, we had some teething problems but it was our first attempt at organising a weekender on our own.

However we have learnt by our mistakes and have planned a number of enhancements which will ensure we have a far better time in 2005.

We will be moving the camping area to a more central location to get everyone together more.
The pig roast (or similar) will actually be there on time.
There will be additional toilet and shower facilities on site, and as a bonus to all of us, these ones will actually work. :D
There will be a shuttle service to take people into and out of York for shopping excursions.

And there are a whole host of other bits and pieces of feedback which everyone, especially Martin and Helen have given us which have been taken on board and we are dealing with and organising.

On to the weekend. The format of 2003 worked very well, and we will be keeping to the same format more or less with a 4 mile track day on the Saturday and the 1/4 mile and we will be running the slalom and 1/4 mile on the Sunday. There will of course be the Concourse for the polishers, so we should have something to keep everyone amused.

nbracken
03-10-04, 02:53 PM
Rob, I personally had a great time in 2003 and am sorry that its unlikely I'll be able to be there in 2005. thanks for sticking with this and I am sure 2005 will be an even greater success than the first time.

crendonman
03-10-04, 03:29 PM
Have you decided on a dates yet Rob?

I missed it last time as the care wasn't finished, but will definately go 2005. :thumb:

robert
03-10-04, 03:36 PM
http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9598

Steve H
03-10-04, 06:31 PM
Rob,
Glad to here Elv 2005 will happen, if i can help in any way just come a calling.

Steve.

kdavies3
04-10-04, 12:50 PM
Looking forward to it already, hopefully I can keep my engine in one piece this time and get my monies worth on the track. :thumb:

May / June is going to be a busy time with the Cobra.
Elvington in May, then Le Mans and Baskerville Hall in June. :D

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8610

Rodders
07-10-04, 07:11 PM
I shall do my best to be there again next year and hope to get on the track under my own steam this time . :thumb:

V8 BJC
09-12-04, 09:28 PM
I shall do my best to be there again next year and hope to get on the track under my own steam this time . :thumb:
I will bring my sun glasses mate just in case I am behind you on the track. Could be tricky with the sun shining off that pink bodywork :D

simon finlay
10-12-04, 06:57 PM
Hi Robert, looking good for another thrash around Elvington and Rodders might be in his own car instead of encouraging me to go off backwards and ripping of my exhaust while giving HIM a ride. Couple of things though. Is it 150 for us or the manufacturers 2 cars? If it is for us then I can understand the price rise since 2003 but I think charging 25 for another driver sounds alot. If, like me and my brother in 2003, I do most of the driving but he does a couple of laps then an rise of 55 seems a lot. Is this because the track day organisers are demanding it or is it to help the club cover the costs? I will be putting my order in soon for my place,
take care buddy and see you soon, Simon

robert
10-12-04, 07:45 PM
Hi Robert, looking good for another thrash around Elvington and Rodders might be in his own car instead of encouraging me to go off backwards and ripping of my exhaust while giving HIM a ride. Couple of things though. Is it 150 for us or the manufacturers 2 cars? If it is for us then I can understand the price rise since 2003 but I think charging 25 for another driver sounds alot. If, like me and my brother in 2003, I do most of the driving but he does a couple of laps then an rise of 55 seems a lot. Is this because the track day organisers are demanding it or is it to help the club cover the costs? I will be putting my order in soon for my place,
take care buddy and see you soon, Simon
Simon

The 150 is for the car, one driver and as many passengers as you want, for a second driver, it is an extra 25. The cost hike is due to both reasons above. We are paying a bit more for the circuit and need to cover the direct costs.

The more we run events like this, the better we can become at identifying the break even point for us as a club, as we are a non profit making organisation, we either need to make a slight loss or break even. We are on par with the motorsport industry in terms of cost of track day, for example a Saturday session at Elvington with Bookatrack on the small circuit is 99.00, so for the full 4.5 mile circuit we are about right.

If we cover our costs or make a bit of money this year, then we can reduce our price accordingly (or increase it if we make a loss), the more events we do of this type, the better we will become at sorting out the right price, both from a member perspective and a club perspective.

Sorry to make all of you guinea pigs, but we are learning very quickly what the right levels are. :thumb: :thumb:

HTH

simon finlay
10-12-04, 10:10 PM
As I thought and totally reasonable, it has to be said that 2003 was a great weekend and next year will be better still. What are we going to charge for entry to those who do not want to go on the track and will there be a seperate charge for the track day users if they want to go on the quatre mile. Last time I seem to remember that some track day users did not have to pay for the quatre mile on the saturday, only those who were not paying for the track and every one had to pay on the sunday, will this be the same again? speak soon,
Simon.
ps do not forget to invite the magazines, remember our talk with Filby at Stoneleigh?

Rodders
10-12-04, 10:27 PM
I will bring my sun glasses mate just in case I am behind you on the track. Could be tricky with the sun shining off that pink bodywork :D
I don't think you will have any problem's as I am sure you will be ahead of me :angry:

robert
10-12-04, 10:45 PM
As I thought and totally reasonable, it has to be said that 2003 was a great weekend and next year will be better still. What are we going to charge for entry to those who do not want to go on the track and will there be a seperate charge for the track day users if they want to go on the quatre mile. Last time I seem to remember that some track day users did not have to pay for the quatre mile on the saturday, only those who were not paying for the track and every one had to pay on the sunday, will this be the same again? speak soon,
Simon.
ps do not forget to invite the magazines, remember our talk with Filby at Stoneleigh?
I am negotiating with Elvington Museum what we will do as not everyone will want to go to the museum, just trying to work out which way we will be working it, probably no entry fee if you are in a Cob, minimal entry fee if in a tin top.

Then, if people want to go to the museum they can pay the standard entry fee to them and we don't have to worry about taking the money, counting it up etc etc etc.

Regarding the 1/4 mile, I am trying to see where we can fit it, but the 1/4 mile will be run on the same format as last year but we might re-adjust the costs, and get some form of price support for Cobs, anyone else pays the full price. It is our weekender after all. :thumb:

I will be attacking the manufacturers over the next month and again in Feb, I already have Kit Car lined up to come to the day. :D

I will obviously invite Stevie boy from Totalkitcar, and try and get him in my car, he is a really really bad passenger. :D :D