PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Cobra

Harry-G
25-10-04, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone.
I got fed up with paying my local Jaguar dealer a fortune to service my XK8 when I was only using it for about 2000 miles a year so I've sold it and bought a Magnum. I love it and fortunately I can maintain it myself.
I live near Nantwich in Cheshire and was wondering if anyone could tell me where and when the local club members get together.
Thanks
Harry

DiggleBBC
25-10-04, 09:41 PM
I think there's one for Cheshire, but there is also the 'Northern' Region meeting (I'm writing this from Newcastle, which is quite a bit further North) at the Old Corn Mill just off J25 of the M62 towards Leeds every 2nd Sunday of the month. I'm hoping to get to the next one on the 14th of November. That will be the first time I've been along for years, and the first one attentded since my Dax was finished. I tried to get to one the day before me and my best man (well, he was 14 years ago) set off to get there, but he's put on weight (now 18.5 stone) and I think that's what caused the flat passeger side front tyre just 3 miles into the journey. :-(
If you want directions, let me know.
Hope to see you (and lots of others I hope) there!

Pete. :thumb:

Harry-G
26-10-04, 08:09 PM
Thanks Pete,
I don't think I'll make it in November as I expect to be away on business at that time but if you could give me directions I'd be grateful.
Regards
Harry

Miket
26-10-04, 08:21 PM
Hi Harry

The Tudor Rose Inn, Two Mills, Nr Chester.
Fourth Sunday/ Midday
Contact Paul Keegan on 01516081894

Harry-G
26-10-04, 08:34 PM
Thanks Miket,
I'll try and make it in November with the car, if it ever stops raining!!

Miket
26-10-04, 08:38 PM
I should ring the number first to make sure they still meet there, I just got the details from the Club Mag :thumb: :thumb:

DiggleBBC
26-10-04, 10:43 PM
Onto the M62, East Bound, continue to J25 (Huddersfield, probably) and take the 3rd exit from the roundabout at that junction. The road is the A644, Wakefield Road. The pub is visible from the roundabout, and is only a couple of hundred yards down the A644. There was a guy there I remember who made his own (baffle free) side-pipes. He left quite early, but we could hear him all the way back to Lancashire!