PDA

View Full Version : Started her up today

Big Thirsty
28-10-04, 09:44 PM
Hi All,

My Cobra came back from having the side pipes fitted this week and thought I would start the engine up. My sidepipes are packable to keep noise levels down, so should be good for SVA noise levels. I connected the battery, turned the switch and wow what a fantastic noise ! The ground felt like it was shaking and to top it all my side pipes are already packed to the brim !

Will SVA accept max power at 2500 revs for the noise test, or will they think I am taking the pee ? :p

Ian.

Purple AK
28-10-04, 10:09 PM
Ian

Sva should accept whatever YOU put on the form :thumb:

crendonman
29-10-04, 11:43 AM
Hi All,

Will SVA accept max power at 2500 revs for the noise test, or will they think I am taking the pee ? :p

Ian.
Congrats Ian!! :thumb:

I think even the guys at SVA would query the claim that max power is at 2500rpm.

I quoted 4750rpm and sailed through at 94DbA

Mind you, the pipes were packed so full of crap, small babies etc, they blew up like balloons as hardly any gas escaped:D :D

Pipes were packed/unpacked at the bottom of Purley Way on the way to Mitcham, so I only drove it like that for a couple of miles :-} :-}

kdavies3
29-10-04, 12:53 PM
I'd like to know how loud your pipes are now young David. :thumb:
I suspect an SVA test would be out of reach. :D

Clarkson
29-10-04, 09:28 PM
Hi Ian,

Was you I met or was it your brother that lived in Hackbridge with a blue Cilo?,We got talking about Cobras when I parked mine there. He said or you said, that you sell parts for Chevy engines in Sutton? If so give me your number as I need some parts for my motor.

David.