PDA

View Full Version : Derby area

Ian Lloyd
10-11-04, 08:59 AM
Hi Have made the decission to buy a Cobra kit, so which one? any thoughts( I guess thats going to get some response)

Also is there anyone in the Derby area that I could meet or is there a local group meeting venue that I could conme along to?

Looking forward to replies

Ian

Iain
10-11-04, 12:23 PM
Ian,

I live in Kegworth, just down the roadfrom Derby. I am building a Classic Replicas Viper with a Ford 302 and Toploader (Jag based kit). You're more than welcome to pop in and say hello. You can mail me at iain@fake-snake.com

Cheers.

Iain

kdavies3
10-11-04, 02:46 PM
Hi Ian and welcome,
The old old question which kit???? :confused:
If you do a search you'll find lots of similar threads on the subject.

Bottom line is depends on your budget and intended useage profile.
Do you intend to buy or build??

IanW
10-11-04, 06:28 PM
Hi Ian,

I live in Derby and am building a Sumo - slowly. I've got up to rolling chassis stage and am hoping to get an engine in the next couple of weeks. You would be most welcome to drop in for a cuppa and a chat. I'll drop you a private message with my contact details. I got a Sumo 'cos that's what my wife bought me as a surprise for my 50th - I'm quite happy with it. I'm sure you will get as many opinions as the number of people you ask - as Kev says, its horses for courses.

Your nearest official Cobra Club group is East Midlands. The next meeting is on 21 November at the Castle Hotel in Kirby Muxloe, just on the top side of Leicester, from 11.30am. (I haven't made a meeting yet, but am hoping to go to this one.) The Cobra Club rep for the East Midlands goes by the name of TINKA on this site. Drop him a pm if you want more info or just drop in at the meeting - I'm sure you would be made welcome.

Cheers,

Ian.

p.s. you don't have to be called Ian to join this thread.