PDA

View Full Version : French Ac Owner

yakman
06-12-04, 05:26 PM
Hi all !
I'm laurent and i just discovered your club...i'm not surprised by the number of members and enthusiasm i can read in your forums...!
I just bought the car of my dreams ...a pilgrim chassis with a 302 engine and the old warner gearbox....
This is a nice hot car and she's really superb!
I was very anxious of my wife's reaction because on the side line i'm also rebuilding warbirds with lots of horse power....but as she saw the AC she was encharmed by her shape ....and now i'm just waiting for better days to drive her along LA LOIRE castles on our way to LE MANS from Nantes (150km west of le mans)
That was a kid dream and i realized it at 37 ....i nearly bought a MARTIN AC lats year but i'm now happy i didn't because the one i just bought is really a beauty made by a professionnal guy in ORLEANS;;;
I will post you pictures soon.....but you'll certainly have to see the AC photographed next to HOT flying metal !

Hope you guys sometimes come to France so that we can share driving down there....
Laurent :angel:

Miket
06-12-04, 06:02 PM
Hi all !
I'm laurent and i just discovered your club...i'm not surprised by the number of members and enthusiasm i can read in your forums...!
I just bought the car of my dreams ...a pilgrim chassis with a 302 engine and the old warner gearbox....
This is a nice hot car and she's really superb!
I was very anxious of my wife's reaction because on the side line i'm also rebuilding warbirds with lots of horse power....but as she saw the AC she was encharmed by her shape ....and now i'm just waiting for better days to drive her along LA LOIRE castles on our way to LE MANS from Nantes (150km west of le mans)
That was a kid dream and i realized it at 37 ....i nearly bought a MARTIN AC lats year but i'm now happy i didn't because the one i just bought is really a beauty made by a professionnal guy in ORLEANS;;;
I will post you pictures soon.....but you'll certainly have to see the AC photographed next to HOT flying metal !

Hope you guys sometimes come to France so that we can share driving down there....
Laurent :angel: Laurent

Welcome to the forum (nuthouse) and hope you get loads of fun from your Pilgrim.

I and loads of other members on here come over for the Le-Mans 24 hour and the Classic, I personnaly look forward to our trips down to the Loire valley while we are there :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I also drive through France on my twice yearly drive to Venice on my way to Corfu, one question, why is rural France allways closed when you decide to stop for a meal at lunchtime. :mad: :mad: :mad:

yakman
06-12-04, 06:17 PM
one question, why is rural France allways closed when you decide to stop for a meal at lunchtime.

Well mike, frogs are so passionate about food that they really take a lot of time off to enjoy their meals...and guess what...while having lunch or diner they are able to talk about ? ...about food !!!! i think it is really a cultural thing !

Well if some of you guys come to france for the nice season i will soon be able to accomodate for nightstops in my property west of france...next to nantes....but i must finish the restoration of that mansion first....

Miket
06-12-04, 06:27 PM
Laurent

I and and many others on here will be more than delighted on taking you up on the offer of accommodation, keep us posted. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

The name Laurent is obviously French, are you a born a bred Frenchman or are you an import, I only ask as your grasp of our language is excellent, infact better than most on here :D :D :thumb:

yakman
12-12-04, 05:48 PM
Hi mike...well i'm a frenchman....but despite availibility of single women in paris i decided to give it a go with a superb south african woman...we're now married for 7 years ...and we go every year to cape town to visit her relatives...
So that explains i can speak and write a bit of your language...(anyway it is so useful to know the basics ....)
My AC is running rough ...i think i need to bring her for ignition tuning ...the 302 is new and i guess it is not a big deal....
will keep you dated ...
thanks again for warm welcome !
Laurent

yakman
23-01-05, 12:50 PM
Roughness was due to..................broken exhaust valve spring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we found that crazy....it was still on the valve axis so the valve didnt go into the cylinder and no broken spring went to mess into the other cylinders springs etc...............call it luck no ???

crendonman
23-01-05, 08:19 PM
Yep that was lucky Laurent!

Glad to hear that there was no damage.

Where are you located in France? Ther seems to be a few CRC Members now in or visit France regularly.

Most are based in or around Paris

plod
23-01-05, 11:20 PM
David, Did he not say close to Nantes?

Paul

Paul B
24-01-05, 12:38 PM
Hi Laurent

I am quite interested in the warbirds you mentioned in your early posts.

What have you got ? Do you fly them and rebuild them ? Got any photos of the Cob and planes

Paul B

yakman
24-01-05, 08:49 PM
I have a DHC 1 CHIPMUNK ex RAF...and i'm rebuilding a YAK 11 N 170 315 ...i fly T6 also ...and aerobatic aircrafts....but at the moment i spend all my spare time on a mansion i'm rebuilding the way they used to build it in the 15th century ...it is the home of Chevalier (knight) Guillaume de Couppegorge (guillaume cut throat....) a perhap's friendly guy from the 14 th century ...you brits came home...it used to be a RAF camp....