PDA

View Full Version : Nuts! (sleeve type)

grandadboats
10-12-04, 08:52 AM
Hi everyone. New member. I've rather foolishly taken on a part built project which (and I'm sure its a familiar story) was nowhere near as finished as led to believe. However, its a challenge to be overcome and will be worth it I'm sure. I had to change the wheels and have got Revolutions. The suspension is Jaguar (as is the engine-V12) and I need sleeve nuts to hold them on. Size:sleeve depth 1.75" Sleeve dia:.75 thread 1/2" unf. Any ideas where to source as they seem to be obsolete? Will also need Washers:1 1/8" dia.:-(

Purple AK
10-12-04, 09:15 AM
Hi Gramps,

Welcome to the Madhouse http://www.revolutionwheels.com/ Part number RA3116NYN

Wheel nuts are 1.70 each & washers are 0.25 each excluding vat.
HTH

grandadboats
10-12-04, 10:00 AM
Just phoned them, the nuts are obsolete, they suggested Select Autos but they cant help either.
Anyone got any ideas?.I have thought of getting wheel extension shouldered studs and then use the shorter sleeve nuts which are available

Miket
10-12-04, 10:49 AM
Hi Grandad

Welcome to the forum, sorry can't help with your nuts problem, probabley your age mate.

Right chaps, some bugger older than me, so you can all start on him now and leave me alone :D :D :thumb: :thumb::finger: :finger:

Miket
10-12-04, 11:14 AM
Hi again

I just noticed your in Saltash, we have a meet on the first Sunday of every month at the Ley Arms in Kenn, Nr Exeter, why not come along, you will be more than welcome. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Please put your name on the posts, we can't keep calling you Grandad :( :thumb: :thumb:

grandadboats
10-12-04, 11:24 AM
I went last sunday and met a great bunch and got lots of inspiration to complete soon.
name is Tony Woodhouse
The car is a ladder frame chassied gravetti with Jag gear including engine(V12)
Best regards to all
Tony.

chiffer
10-12-04, 11:26 AM
Hi Gramps

Welcome. I did not think there was anybody out there older than me and that mad to play around with Cobras. Ah, to feel young once again.

Miket
10-12-04, 11:36 AM
I went last sunday and met a great bunch and got lots of inspiration to complete soon.
name is Tony Woodhouse
The car is a ladder frame chassied gravetti with Jag gear including engine(V12)
Best regards to all
Tony. Tony

Yes we where briefly introduced, you where sat in the corner with Archie and Elaine.

See you soon. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

grandadboats
10-12-04, 11:37 AM
So glad to make you feel younger, we now need someone to make me feel younger too!
Finding my nuts would help!
B.R. Tony

grandadboats
10-12-04, 12:28 PM
mike
yes that was me and the good looking one was chris
cheers
Tony

Purple AK
10-12-04, 01:39 PM
Hi Tony,

Try an email to Warren at Revolution "warren.rdt@uku.co.uk" He offered me some 6 months ago. I've got 9 of the originals your welcome to, not in A1 condition but usable. I've also got a full set (20) of the shorter ones, brand new. They only screw on 5 or 6 threads, but you could have the nut seats in the front of the wheel milled down a few mm, a mod I was going to do untill I bought new wheels.

grandadboats
10-12-04, 01:53 PM
Hi Chris,
I'l ltry Warren and let you know how I get on. In the meantime I would appreciate having 9, at least its a start. Let me know what cost is involved and we can make arrangement to get them here.
Cheers
Tony

grandadboats
10-12-04, 01:59 PM
Hi Chris,
I'l ltry Warren and let you know how I get on. In the meantime I would appreciate having 9, at least its a start. Let me know what cost is involved and we can make arrangement to get them here.
Cheers
Tony

grandadboats
11-12-04, 09:15 AM
Purple ak.
Chris,
I have solved the problem by getting shouldered studs (from a wheel extension kit) with the shorter nuts and washers that are still available. Just need turning to round and shortening by about 1/4". Available from Trackstore (www.trackstore.co.uk).
This may help others with the same problem.
cheers
Tony