Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Longest cobra build

Just wondered who has taken the longest to build their cobra.
    I found mine today in the garage, wondered where it went. The cobra building fairy is still missing. Havent touched it for a year due to renovation of the house. This years the year. Any body want to place a bet as to which decade I will finish it in???

Re: Longest cobra build

When did you start the build, ive been going for 11 months solid of just weekends and if I can solve my current suspension problem and decide on a paint colour it should be going to the paintshop in a few weeks

Anthony
    ANTHONY
    Absolute Horsepower Ltd
    Home of the CR427

I'm on my 4th year! One house move, one renovation (almost), moved wifes buisness premisies twice (both renovated by yours truly), lots of working abroad with my job blah blah........... must get it finished this year! Just waitimg for the new GD body shell (No2 on the list). Should be firing it up for the first time this week, see how unfriendly my side pipes are! Hopefully someone will have taken longer?
    Lee

Understeer is hitting the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is hitting the wall with the rear.

2 years to date. Rolling chasis at the moment with body sat on top. I need to rebuild the motor so thats at least another year!!

Your winning so far Idtopham well done!!!

Whats up with your suspension Chimeara?? Mine squeaks a bit need to relube the bushes I think. The paintshop is a distant dream at the moment, lucky bugger you will be on the road this yaer by the look of it!

Hi, I cant see how anybody can put one together in under 7 years of Saturdays.

But the good news is that the build is the best bit!!! If you just want a Cobra - buy one, it's far cheaper than building the dam thing!

Clive
    On On

The plan is to be on the road for my 21st birthday in july however I cant seem to get my front end low enough, I eitherbhave the wrong shocks or chassis is wrong, its jag based and not many people seem to have answers for jag based sumo problems. Whatever I do it sits on the bump stops with 4 inches between tyre and wheel arch doh.

Good luck with your build, what motor are you going for, you could build a V8 from scratch in a weekend with all the parts, stop putting it off and join the lads this summer for some fun. Its a way of life.

Anthony
    ANTHONY
    Absolute Horsepower Ltd
    Home of the CR427

I'm in no race and hope that the quality of the build will be a reflection of the time it will will have taken me! I have been patient not to rush it so far and as long as I'm not near or in a finished one continue to plod on. On getting home from the last Elvington weekender I was fastening bits on with blue tack, no nails, bodge tape.......... finally came around to my senses and realised must take my time!
    Oh and I have still to reach 30 and the reduction on insurance is a biggie to a tight Yorkshire git (went to the Vince Gledhill school of budgeting!). I have done all the build myself including the engine so next weeks start up should be the first big mile stone...... could also be the first major embarresment!
    Lee

Understeer is hitting the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is hitting the wall with the rear.

I've been going for 5 years so far,hoping this is the last.

This is my second year, we hope to have it ready for the summer, but I remember saying the same thing last year.
    Cheers
    Kevin & Helen
    DMS Venom Viper
    Granada Cosworth 2.9V6 BOA
    SVA passed Aug 07

This is my tenth year, doing it the hard way started with a 4th hand unknown body and chassis, at least its just about drivable now so maybe this is the year!
    Mk3 GD

AC Carbon Road Series Prototype

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast