Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello all...

Hello all...

I have wanted a Cobra for as long as I can remember, over 20 years.

In that time I've done the marriage, house and kids things and have just finished building a nice little garage so my new toy.

Anyway, I've read loads of stuff on here and it's all been quite helpful.

Was going to go down to Sovereign or Hallmark but am in two minds now, I think I'll see what the private ads have to offer. I know it's a minefield so I'll try and tread carefully.

Budget is around 15, maybe a bit more but not much (unfortunately)!

I'm in NW London near Wembley, any Cobra owners around this way?

Any advice, pointers in the right direction appreciated.

Cheers :thumb:

Re: Hello all...

Hi and welcome, bit of advice I would give is if you are on a tight budget then you really need to stay clear of Sovereign or Hallmark as they do tend to load the price a bit. Good luck trying to find something and the best thing you can do is to start making yourself known at your local meet to get loads of pointers and ideas of what to avoid and hopefully you might find someone who might not mind popping along with you if you do find one that you like.

All the best of luck
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Joe - you can save many s by buying privately, but as with all things, you do need to know what you are looking at.

Do try to get in touch with your local branch of the Cobra Replica Club, there will be knowledgable people more than willing to help you, maybe even someone there looking to sell.

Join the CRC - there are always member's cars for sale in the mag.

The biggest kitcar show of the year, is not far off (Stoneleigh on May 1st and 2nd) - there will be many many Cobras there from just about all the manufacturers on the club stand, again, usually a few for sale.

Don't buy the first one you come across, wihtout trying some others as well, they do vary.

Luck. I know that you will be excited now that an automotive dream is within your grasp, but take your time about it.
    Crendon has left the building................bright yellow Stag has landed.

Hi Joe C Ring me now I live in Harrow and just about to nip over to Wembley in my COB if you want a chat and a spin PAT.
    PHON NUMBER 07811367233 Its good to talk cos i ca nt typp very weii......................:-}DONT BE SPINELESS OWN A GARDNER DOUGLAS THE ONLY SNAKE WITH A BACKBONE

Thanks guys, I do intend to take my time finding one having learnt years ago, "buy in haste, repent at leisure", but would like one before the prices go crazy when the old yellow ball in the sky appears.

I would consider building one myself but I'd like to drive it before I reach pensionable age

Pat B:
    I'll definately take you up on the offer of a chat and a spin when you're next out and about in my area. I'm actually in Kingsbury so not far from you.
    Any other owners around ou area that you know of? Shame there's not an Ace Cafe meet for Cobras now and again, or is there?

cheers,

Joe.

Joe there are a few of us that get up the Ace Cafe on the first Wednesday of every month (Thames Valley Group) its American night I do beleive. Attended in January last osgood:angel:

Joe
    A friend of mine (a show winning hotrod builder) is selling a freshly rebuilt (600 miles ago) Sumo. Ford 302ci, Mustang axle, Fresh paint, interior, running gear etc.....he's looking for 14.5k
    If you're interested I can send you some pics and more info.
    UK Flaming Cobra Replica Club SE Region -
    Membership no.002 (of 1!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Boy
    Joe
    A friend of mine (a show winning hotrod builder) is selling a freshly rebuilt (600 miles ago) Sumo. Ford 302ci, Mustang axle, Fresh paint, interior, running gear etc.....he's looking for 14.5k
    If you're interested I can send you some pics and more info.

Please email pics and info and I'll have a look.

Thanks.

To whoever sent me a PM, I can't read it yet, not enough posts

Please email me, address on public profile.

cheers,

Joe.

Hi Joe

Have put my mate's car on my site as a favour. He's only selling it as he is a hotrodder at heart.....built it as a change of direction but now wants to get back to roddin'.

http://www.7-indulgence.com/caterham/id28.html

Let me know if you're interested.
    UK Flaming Cobra Replica Club SE Region -
    Membership no.002 (of 1!!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast