Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dodge 5.9 Can you help???

Hello all
    I've been offered a Dax Cobra with a "5.9 Dodge engine" already fitted , does anyone know anything about these engines?, are the parts easily accessable? can anyone tell me what to look out for on them (if there any good in the first place of course!) all help much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance :thumb:
    Jason
    Jason
    MK111 Sumo complete with anchor................. I said anchor

Of all the things I\'ve lost my mind is the one I miss the most

Re: Dodge 5.9 Can you help???

That would be a Mopar 360ci then, it depends on what year the engine is as to how good it is - a stock '70s one will have low compression and the heads arn't very good, a recent Mopar Performance crate motor version is a very good motor, and can run up over 400hp out the box with the right carb and tuneup (Mopar Muscle magazine did this, they used a Demon 750 cfm carb and got 406 bhp).

Parts for all Mopar blocks can be got from any US parts supplier, they're more expensive than Chevy V8s, but cheaper than Fords. There's a fair few Capris with Mopar engines but I've not heard of a Cobra with one before (but then I'm not a Cobra owner, lol).

By the way I'm a committee member of the Mopar Muscle Association (www.MoparUK.com), if you have any more technical queries feel free to email me (james@moparuk.com) and I'll pass your query onto one of our members who's more technical than I

Gary, (username Gwak76) has one in his Cob, i'm sure he'll fill you in on the details
    Adrian - 350 SBC/RPM, 3550 TKO, 3.54PL, 2005 GD Jag, stopped counting at £28.5k.
    Status: J224 must have developed a fuel leak as my tank appears to be permanantly empty

Would that be the car on ebay at the moment?
    I get the feeling that as there is not a lot of info that maybe there is something a bit odd about it.
    Beware

andy
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

Eekk.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...vi:1:1v_search

Looks a bif of a 'work in progress'. No, Gary's got its SVA back in March, so i'm guessing it looks better than that!
    Adrian - 350 SBC/RPM, 3550 TKO, 3.54PL, 2005 GD Jag, stopped counting at £28.5k.
    Status: J224 must have developed a fuel leak as my tank appears to be permanantly empty

Jason,

Bear in mind that you can get a cut out yank lump for 400 ish so it's not worth much unless it's got shed loads of receipts (and verifiable)

Rgds

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Andy

Agreed, there isn't much listed on the car. Thanks for the warning :thumb:

Jason
    Jason

Jim

I've asked the standard question to the seller but haven't had a reply as yet, time will tell.........

Regards

Jason
    Jason

James

Thanks for giving so much info and additional support via your association, it is much appreciated.:thumb:

Regards

Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by holley
    That would be a Mopar 360ci then, it depends on what year the engine is as to how good it is - a stock '70s one will have low compression and the heads arn't very good, a recent Mopar Performance crate motor version is a very good motor, and can run up over 400hp out the box with the right carb and tuneup (Mopar Muscle magazine did this, they used a Demon 750 cfm carb and got 406 bhp).

Parts for all Mopar blocks can be got from any US parts supplier, they're more expensive than Chevy V8s, but cheaper than Fords. There's a fair few Capris with Mopar engines but I've not heard of a Cobra with one before (but then I'm not a Cobra owner, lol).

By the way I'm a committee member of the Mopar Muscle Association (www.MoparUK.com), if you have any more technical queries feel free to email me (james@moparuk.com) and I'll pass your query onto one of our members who's more technical than I
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by dinosoar
    Would that be the car on ebay at the moment?
    I get the feeling that as there is not a lot of info that maybe there is something a bit odd about it.
    Beware

andy
    Oi, thats not my car thank you, its worse than that

No I am a happy owner with my Mopar 360ci, good old lump and parts are no problem, stroker kits (412ci ), cams, heads you name it, usual US motor.

Feel free to contact me if you need any info :thumb: , I'am going to pester Holley
    Gary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast