Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sureterm Direct Insurance

I was approached by a guy from Sureterm Direct at Bromley Pagent today (they sponsor it). He was keen to offer 15% discount to CRC members. Looking briefly at their website, they offer guaranteed values for drivers 17-74 years. Anyone looking to renew or start insurance, give them a call (link in links and files) and report back. May be interesting
    Chris
    Ex AK427 351Cleveland T5WC

Newton Abbot, Devon, UK. (God's waiting room)

Re: Sureterm Direct Insurance

Chris

I got a quote from them on Friday, reasonable price of 295 for 3000 miles and 23000 agreed value, only one downside for me is that you have to have a Thatcham cat 2 immobiliser fitted, I priced an immobiliser fitted at 145, so it makes it expensive insurance for the first year.

Might be worth fitting one in the future, I didn't have much time this year, as my insurance was due yesterday. :thumb: :thumb:
    Mike
    Cobraless

I've often been asked, "What do you old folks do now that you're retired?
    Well, I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch and margaritas into urine.

Life's good, live it.

i am with sureterm and cant fault them,303 18 value,3k miles a year,i have a thatcham 1 alarm installed but didnt need it for the insurance.

russ

Quote Originally Posted by Purple AK
    I was approached by a guy from Sureterm Direct at Bromley Pagent today (they sponsor it). He was keen to offer 15% discount to CRC members. Looking briefly at their website, they offer guaranteed values for drivers 17-74 years. Anyone looking to renew or start insurance, give them a call (link in links and files) and report back. May be interesting
    Are you sure about the 17 years old bit I called them when I was struggling to find insurance at my old age of 20 and theys aid I had to be 25

Anthony
    ANTHONY
    Absolute Horsepower Ltd
    Home of the CR427

Quote Originally Posted by fcukruss
    i am with sureterm and cant fault them,303 18 value,3k miles a year,i have a thatcham 1 alarm installed but didnt need it for the insurance.

russ
    Bit steep for 18 Value
    Steve.

GD Euro MK4, SBC 383 Updated to MegaSquirt EFI
    Old ECU ripped out, Traction Controll ready to test.

Blower on the back burner........ for now.

http://www.cobnut.blogspot.com

yep you got me!!!

What is the max value they will insure? If I remember correctly when I approached them last year for a quote their max was only 25000.

Nick

From personal experience I have had difficulties with sureterm. I wanteed to insure a classic car. They went through the usual questions at the usual rate of knots and in haste I didn't tell them about an SP30 that was 41/2 years old. On this basis I wrote the insurance policy with them. My simple mistake of course showed when I sent them a copy of my licence. Rather than accept what it was they attempted to raise the policy price by 35% as a result when they found out. It took me 6 months and the County Court to get most of my premium back (judge decided on a perverse principle of fairness rather than the law and therefore accepted a quantum meruit argument) after I cancelled the policy.

Whilst this was a mistake made by me the near spent SP30 (from investigations done by a friend afterwards) made no difference to the premium if declared on the telephone. I also found them very difficult to deal with during the whole debacle, and there was no room to negotiate with them to reach a sensible resolution - customer service was appalling.

Now whilst this type of mistake can be avoided by ensuring that the operators do their job properly, I would be most concerned as to the attitude that they would take in the event of an accident and an opportunity to avoid cover. Lets not forget that the purpose of insurance is to protect our own personal funds in the event that we have an accident. If the insurance company resile from the policy and refuse to pay out after an accident then it is our houses, cars, personal effects etc, that will be taken to discharge the sums due to the injured party. However, as I say this was my own personal experience.
    www.sounds-legal.com - some have said we\'re mad!!!

best to be upfront fro mthe beginning,if they are 4 1.2 years old old and are still on your license,spent or not they are still there.
    when i insured with them at first,i had a nightmare of an insurance history.I knocked a child over whilst riding my R1,and have an ongoing personal injury claim against me and i also had six points on my license and still only 303.bargain.

as for not paying out after an accident,lets remember that sureterm are the broker and not the insurance company.These days insurnace companies seldom throw out a claim because whatever happens they have to indemnify the loss.ie if you had two bald tyres on your car and had an accident,they have to proove outright that they were the cause of the accident and they cant.If you said a car swerved infront of you and as a result you swerved and hit the other car,youve won.

If anyone has any trouble with insurance companies again i would suggest that you speak direct to the manager and tell him that you are taking your case to the insurance ombudsman,it costs the insurance company 500 even if they win the case,you pay nothing,so its in their interest to sort it amicably.

russ

For the avoidance of doubt, penalty points are valid for three years from the date they were imposed (for the purposes of "totting") but cannot be removed from your licence for four years.

When "negotiating" (ha ha) with Insurance companies for a contract you need to declare anything within the time period that they specify - otherwise you are misrepresenting your position and potentially allowing the insurance compny to Void (cancel) your policy which they can almost certainly charge you for. You may also be commiting a criminal offence of Making a False Statement to Obtain Insurance.

Not sure if that's the right spelling of "commiting"
    Cobra not quite as shiny as my head

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast