Thread: Test drives

Test drives

after sitting down this morning I finally decided what I was going to do with my days off which was to visit some car dealerships and have a play with some of there toys.

After a few hours tinkering time I set off in the cobra to marsh barton Exeter and started browsing, Mr BMW wouldnt let me anywhere near the M3 for insurance purposes and likewise at the Merc garage with thre SLK's so with my tail between my legs I stumbled across the Vauxhall garage and lusted over the Monaro.

After explaining im capable of handling the chevy V8 as I have one in the cobra they let me take it out. I must say what a beast, for something Vauxhall badged i was very impresed power came equally as quick as the cobra although not quite as loud.

I must say it is well worth a look if ever you get the chance and the new VXR is even better.

Im now thinking of looking at some cobra manufacturers over the next few days and seeing what else is out there for a potential next project. So if anyone fancies a ride or would like a passenger if they are already visiting give me a PM.

Anthony
    ANTHONY
    Absolute Horsepower Ltd
    Home of the CR427

Re: Test drives

Anthony,

So they would be LS1/LS2 based cars then, now let me think of which Cobra manufacturer likes to use those....
    Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeara
    after sitting down this morning I finally decided what I was going to do with my days off which was to visit some car dealerships and have a play with some of there toys.

After a few hours tinkering time I set off in the cobra to marsh barton Exeter and started browsing, Mr BMW wouldnt let me anywhere near the M3 for insurance purposes and likewise at the Merc garage with thre SLK's so with my tail between my legs I stumbled across the Vauxhall garage and lusted over the Monaro.

After explaining im capable of handling the chevy V8 as I have one in the cobra they let me take it out. I must say what a beast, for something Vauxhall badged i was very impresed power came equally as quick as the cobra although not quite as loud.

I must say it is well worth a look if ever you get the chance and the new VXR is even better.

Im now thinking of looking at some cobra manufacturers over the next few days and seeing what else is out there for a potential next project. So if anyone fancies a ride or would like a passenger if they are already visiting give me a PM.

Anthony
    Hi Anthony

What ? you went to marsh barton and never went to Peugeot !!!
    my wife won'''''t be happy-she works there.

Also you passed by me again !! I DON'T KNOW !!!

Anyway i will see all you guy's at Branscombe Air Day- as i am booked to cover the event for the local rag. :thumb: :thumb:
    Cheers !!
    Terry

If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It !!

www.topclassphotographics.co.uk

Terry do us a favour
    Pray for sunshine

I've evn bought a Gazebo !! (Hoping my fellow club mates are going to chip in !!)

Chris
    CHRIS C - Maisie (DB No 46 )