Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classified Ads

Classified Ads

Quick FAQ for the classifieds

1. Will you put an ad up for me?

In a word, no. Ads are placed up by the user, otherwise I would spend all day relaying questions etc etc between users and purchasers. I could put an ad up for you, however there is a charge associated. My standard day rate is £750 per day or part thereof for the duration of the advert.

2. I can't put an ad up on the site....

Firstly, are you registered? If not then you will need to register, and read 1 above. When you are registered, let me have your CRC membership number and I will upgrade you to allow access to post ads.

3. I have sold my thingamagig, can you delete my ad.

Not really. Log into the classifieds you will see a link saying mark as sold or something similar. Click that and your ad will be automatically deleted after a while by the magic fairies.

4. My thingamagig didn't sell, what should I do.

Erm, reduce the price maybe, or cut your losses and turn it into a work of art, you never know you might win the turner prize. If it is a ford boat anchor, well you've got no chance really. :rotfl:

Lastly, dont go sniffing exhaust pipes or petrol tanks, its bad for you. :drive:
    Best Regards

Robert

Crossed over for a while - Overlanding - Some people are just like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Re: Classified Ads

OH yes I agree to all of the above except "If it is a ford boat anchor, well you've got no chance really"

I think you've Just chopped your credibility from under your own feet. lol :thumb:
    Dave AKA billy no mates . SRV8

Made me laugh!!
    You've obviously been besieged by fookwits Rob; but do you think they'll have the smarts to read this post before asking???
    Hope you geta taker or two at £750 per day (plus expenses natch)..
    Regards Steve

Quote Originally Posted by dave.n
    I think you've Just chopped your credibility from under your own feet. lol :thumb:
    Oh well, further into negative figures then. :rotfl::rotfl:
    Best Regards

Robert

Crossed over for a while - Overlanding - Some people are just like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Rob
    Not to worry, all part of the service.:thumb:

As for negative figures, not in my book, +10 for telling them to £uck offfff:thumb:
    Dave AKA billy no mates . SRV8

guys either Robert is busy or on hols so i thought i would put my PM in here so i can get some advice/help.

"hiya Rob,

Just been asked by someone in the netherlands about posting an add. Do they need to be a paid member or just a forum member?
    He seems to have some sort of buisness to do with classic cars as he linked me his website but i dont think he sells regular stuff just bits he gets/replaces off other cars ( natrually cant read anything as its in dutch! ).
    I have just bought 2 overiders off him, and he asked me how to place an add, i have explained the process but if he isn't a member it may not look the way it does for me

i said i would try and find out how it works.

many thanks

Danny"

the web site is this one : U.D. Nitrade

I got the overiders yesterday and they are deffinetly used but in very good condition and were well packaged. He is a member of the forum but not of the CRC ( i.e. paid member ). I cant find anywhere in the FAQ or home page that says you have to be paid member to place an add.

Any advice would be apreciated
    ---------------------------

Danny

L&R Ram 3.9 RV8 - now gone.

http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/sho...00/ppuser/5647

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinboy400 View Post
    guys either Robert is busy or on hols so i thought i would put my PM in here so i can get some advice/help.

"hiya Rob,

Just been asked by someone in the netherlands about posting an add. Do they need to be a paid member or just a forum member?
    He seems to have some sort of buisness to do with classic cars as he linked me his website but i dont think he sells regular stuff just bits he gets/replaces off other cars ( natrually cant read anything as its in dutch! ).
    I have just bought 2 overiders off him, and he asked me how to place an add, i have explained the process but if he isn't a member it may not look the way it does for me

i said i would try and find out how it works.

many thanks

Danny"

the web site is this one : U.D. Nitrade

I got the overiders yesterday and they are deffinetly used but in very good condition and were well packaged. He is a member of the forum but not of the CRC ( i.e. paid member ). I cant find anywhere in the FAQ or home page that says you have to be paid member to place an add.

Any advice would be apreciated
    He needs to be a fully paid up member of the Cobra Club. If he is a dealer though he might have to purchase a banner but Rob will have to sort out that.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

after looking on the web a bit more it looks like he sells kits, engines etc. But if he just wants to sell used stuff i cant see the problem. I'll have to wait for Rob to reply.
    ---------------------------

Danny

L&R Ram 3.9 RV8 - now gone.

http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/sho...00/ppuser/5647

Hi guy's, as we're talking about classified's i thought i would put a post on here for members to see. Like Danny i sent a message to Robert concerning how to place ad's on the classified page because i had been told you had to be a fully paid up member to do this and as of Sunday at the Stoneleigh show i have, but have yet to receive my membership card and still cannot access the classified's. Slogger informed me that if i were to send a pm to Robert with my name and membership details he would be able to upgrade my privilages of this site and therefore be able to place ad's. In the meantime i have uploaded a few pic's on my profile picture's and album's so that anyone wishing to buy 16" Hailbrands, Rocker cover's etc. can view them and send me a pm if interested.

Unhappy what next?

Hi
    I am trying to get an ad posted on parts for sale....

I am registered, have posted a note to Robert with my membership details ( with no reply)

what do I do next?????

thanks Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast