Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    [QUOT=dingooke;473220]I have a pal who went to it last night, said it was a good meet; he is trying to find out more, so I will let you know!

The Gelsmore website only shows July 2013 for the event, but my pal is sure its a monthly. Yeas gone by we used to drop into a pub right near there before going to the old travellers rest for a night of debauchery, I mean drinking and dancing ahem ..... [/QUOTE]

This is a great pub, very close to me and i pop in a few times a year for a meal, really great landlord.

Let me know if yiu go in September, my wife and i will be there.

We will be in the med next month!

John

Cool will let you know chap!!!
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

Future of Event is in Doubt

Folks,

Don't turn up at Ashby Folville September meeting without checking its still on, currently sounds like it has been stopped due to behaviour problems from a mindless minority. Apparently the land owners have been told by the Police not to run the event.
    Sorry the info is a bit sketchy, will let you know if I hear any more.

Steve
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

That has been on the cards since last year.............
    Crendon has left the building................bright yellow Stag has landed.

Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    That has been on the cards since last year.............

yes I think when we last met up there, we were concerned; wasnt that the night where the police were in attndance with choppers, speed traps and video cameras?

Not surprising really, the antics at the gate/bridge will end in a very nasty accident if it's not conrolled better; usual mindless minority.
    Rumour has it that a vry serious accident en route to AF was attended by plod/parameds etc who were verbally abused by some lowlifes en route to the event? All a bit sketchy though and usual rumour network; we shall see
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

Very sad.

I last attended with a car 8 years ago and the gate/bridge club were at it then.

Lets hope we can get some control and it will return

Thanks

John

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Very sad.

I last attended with a car 8 years ago and the gate/bridge club were at it then.

Lets hope we can get some control and it will return

Thanks

John
    Yes there were some mild antics at the gate/bridge, occasional wheelspin etc, but nothing like recent events where people cant get out of the gate, the road blocked for minutes at a time with people doing burnouts, cars getting damaged etc etc event has really got too big for the venue; I feel for the villagers; as much a petrol head as I am, it would be frustrating to live there during the event!!
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

From the organisers-

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ASHBY FOLVILLE CAR AND BIKE NIGHT
    It is with much regret that we have to inform you that the Ashby Folville Car and Bike Nights which are held on the second Tuesday of the month will be ceasing with immediate effect. This year has proven extremely difficult for the organisers because of the high volume of traffic and, more importantly, the anti-social behaviour of a minority of people attending the event. The Leicester Constabulary have now informed the Trustees of the Ashby Folville Estate that they wish for the event to cease forthwith. As responsible people, the car night organisers and the Trustees of the Ashby Folville Estate will respect the Police’s concerns and, accordingly there will be no Car and Bike Nights in September or in the future.

Unfortunately, a minority of people have ruined the enjoyment for the majority. The organisers of the Car and Bike Nights and the Trustees of the Ashby Folville Estate would like to thank the majority of you who have responsibly supported the event over many years. They hope that you can sympathise with the position which they have regrettably now found themselves in.
    Regards Steve

Crendon #22

452cu FE with top loader

So where now?
    Crendon has left the building................bright yellow Stag has landed.

Earls Barton? Classic Car and Bike Meet, Earls Barton, Northampton - meet up with fellow enthusiasts and talk about everything and anything to do with bikes and cars
    A great show with good attendance, no ar.eholes and easy to get in and out of. All you AF fans give it a try. Tonight and last Wednesday of the month.
    Dek.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast