Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    I Mentioned your name to Chris at CC and he rememered you well - maybe a bit of commision is on your way.
    Cheers !!
    Terry

If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It !!

www.topclassphotographics.co.uk

Wink

Peter for gods sake man get some decent side pipes made up by a proper firm, Tube Engineers Lincs comes to mind. You said to me some weeks ago the bends I gave you were an odd size 1" 5/8 O/D for headers not so, this is standard for the whole range RV8 upto 4:6.

Osgood

Quote Originally Posted by osgood View Post
    Peter for gods sake man get some decent side pipes made up by a proper firm, Tube Engineers Lincs comes to mind. You said to me some weeks ago the bends I gave you were an odd size 1" 5/8 O/D for headers not so, this is standard for the whole range RV8 upto 4:6.

Osgood

Hi Osgood,

I am very happy with my pipes now that the baffles have been sorted out.

They were total crap, but I don't think that they are restricting the motor anymore and are not tooooooooooo loud in my opinion.

The headers are not Pilgrim ones but are still a bit crappy. Thanks for the all the bends that you gave me, please don't think that by "wrong size" I ment that they were unsuitable, what I ment was that the suppliers that tried did not stock that size, I guess that they were not good suppliers!

Making new headers is quite high on the list of things to do so I'll try the place in Lincs for the extra bits and bobs that I'll need.

I guess I started this post as a warning to others to check their baffles if they've got Pilgrim pipes and its just sort of gone on and on from there!

Cheers,

Pete

I still really want to fit sidepipes....especially as I ran over a large rock the other day and battered my inderslung system....but they all seem far to expensive!!!
    "...55mph!!....slow enough to make you think your safe.....but fast enough to kill you!..." : Gumball Rally 1976.

Jan & Chris.
    MK II Sumo RV8

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by janandchris View Post
    I still really want to fit sidepipes....especially as I ran over a large rock the other day and battered my inderslung system....but they all seem far to expensive!!!
    Jan & Chris, Tube Engineers LTD Arbgraft Works, Newtoft Business Park,Newtoft, Market-Rasen, Linc's LN8 3WA.

01673 862286, MOB 07966 249869, email sales@tubebending.co.uk
    FAX 01673 885562. Ask for Mike.

Has made several Viper systems including my side pipes (see gallery) 5" with heat shields, all bolts & 8 mini rubbers including front pipe & clamps for less than 500, excellent quality, able to put hand on shield after 200 miles, re-fillable and within SVA noise levels etc.

Osgood

Quote Originally Posted by osgood View Post
    Jan & Chris, Tube Engineers LTD Arbgraft Works, Newtoft Business Park,Newtoft, Market-Rasen, Linc's LN8 3WA.

sales@tubebending.co.uk

Osgood
    That Email address doesn't work...?
    "...55mph!!....slow enough to make you think your safe.....but fast enough to kill you!..." : Gumball Rally 1976.

Jan & Chris.
    MK II Sumo RV8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678