Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Stoneleigh Kit Car Show Rolling Road Dyno Shoot Out Event

Part of the Clubs new approach to National events is to stage more activities to help draw attention to the Cobra scene and hopefully thereby boost our membership.

We intend to organise a rolling road dyno shoot out event in our usual paddock grassed area at Stoneleigh.

Depending on the level of interest this will take place on the Sunday, but if interest is sufficient we can spread the event over the 2 days, but this obviously depends on commitment from members.

The details are as follows;

We can dyno test around 15 cars a day broken down in to 30 minute pre booked slots.
    The cost will be approx 30 for each car.
    This is a club organised event and so will only be available to paid up members.
    I therefore need an indication of who is interested so please post your interest on this thread as soon as possible.
    Payment will have to be made in full prior to the event.
    Places allocated on a first come, first served basis.
    Event times approx 10 a.m.- 5.00 p.m. subject to confirmation by the show organisers.

It has the potential to be an awesome occasion and attract a great deal of interest.
    So we need around 30 candidates, post early to avoid disappointment!

Any questions you may have, please post here.

Mr Bling
    James Norris
    Events Organiser
    383 Stroker power plus Anti-roll bar.....like being chained to a mad dog!! :-} There is no such thing as bravery.....only degrees of fear!!

James, put me down for an early slot please
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bling View Post
    Part of the Clubs new approach to National events is to stage more activities to help draw attention to the Cobra scene and hopefully thereby boost our membership.

We intend to organise a rolling road dyno shoot out event in our usual paddock grassed area at Stoneleigh.

Depending on the level of interest this will take place on the Sunday, but if interest is sufficient we can spread the event over the 2 days, but this obviously depends on commitment from members.

The details are as follows;

We can dyno test around 15 cars a day broken down in to 30 minute pre booked slots.
    The cost will be approx 30 for each car.
    This is a club organised event and so will only be available to paid up members.
    I therefore need an indication of who is interested so please post your interest on this thread as soon as possible.
    Payment will have to be made in full prior to the event.
    Places allocated on a first come, first served basis.
    Event times approx 10 a.m.- 5.00 p.m. subject to confirmation by the show organisers.

It has the potential to be an awesome occasion and attract a great deal of interest.
    So we need around 30 candidates, post early to avoid disappointment!

Any questions you may have, please post here.

Mr Bling
    James Norris
    Events Organiser
    Hi James have you checked out that this is possible? if so, who are you using to dyno the cars? i am a dyno dynamics trained dyno operator and have done many dyno days, i know that there are rules about carrying out test in a public area, if you would like me to look into it let me know. now I'm a CLUB member and all i may as well do my bit
    Gardner Douglas

This has been done before, a few years ago, using a mobile rolling road owned by Sid ??????? who used to operate in Tamworth but is now based in Walsall,

Cheers

DL
    David Large
    Bald Surfer with a BRA 289

Thumbs up

Hi Ricky
    You used to work for Thorney in MK I think?
    As far as I can tell the info I have suggests that this is possible. The guy who has the mobile Dyno has done kit car shows before and is confident he can handle our cobs. Any advise welcome. The rules are subject to the booking being made via the show organisers so we use their insurance etc.
    Cheers
    James
    383 Stroker power plus Anti-roll bar.....like being chained to a mad dog!! :-} There is no such thing as bravery.....only degrees of fear!!

Thumbs up

Hi David

You got it! Sid is the man! Can you confirm what else you know about his operation?
    Cheers
    James

Thumbs up

Consider it done Tone!

James book me down for an early spot too please. Speak soon, I need to let you have the details for Silverstone Classic this year as I will be too occupied to do it this year.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Newton Abbot, Devon, UK. (God's waiting room)
    Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    James book me down for an early spot too please. Speak soon, I need to let you have the details for Silverstone Classic this year as I will be too occupied to do it this year.
    Welcome back mate, you've been missed.
    Mike
    Cobraless

I've often been asked, "What do you old folks do now that you're retired?
    Well, I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, one of the things I enjoy most is turning beer, wine, Scotch and margaritas into urine.

Life's good, live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miket View Post
    Welcome back mate, you've been missed.

Hi mate, been busy around here new job and loads of other things as well going on. Plus car in bits AGAIN
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast