Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rv python

Question rv python

Hi I am new to this and I guess this has been discussed before, but I am in the position of owning an E34 530i manual bmw, and just love the cobra. I see that RV Dynamics do a kit that uses my car as a doner, but it has had mixed press. the reviews I have read recently seem good, and I was wondering if anyone in the club has any words of wisdom on the subject that come from experience rather than just the magazine coverage from the last few years. Is, or has anyone built one of these cars, and are they still available to anyones knowledge?

I'm surprised Den hasn't jumped on this post... ;>

If you have a look in the archive (Just stick in 'RV Python' into the search function above), then you will find many past threads on the subject.

As for wether they're still made seems to be a point of some doubt - last I heard the company in Sri Lanka had gone bust?

I think there is/was one member on the club with one?

No doubt those members who are better informed will be able to assist!

CeeJay.
    Do one good thing a day - strangle a tree hugger...

In my opinion for what its worth its just toooooooooo dodgy buying a kit from 1000 miles away that hardly anyone has built over here that also as had very mixed reviews.

I would not use the fact that you have already have a donnor car force your decison, after all you can buy an old sierra for peanuts. (You would need an engine though)

My Dad use to laugh at me when I was a kid, I'd find a spark plug and want to build an engine round it!

Pete
    This forum has a high proportion of people that lack basic manners.

Who are you Mr Logan?
    Crendon has left the building................bright yellow Stag has landed.

Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    Who are you Mr Logan?
    He is a UK user, the other user registered as Mark Logan is just a coincidence.
    Best Regards

Robert

Crossed over for a while - Overlanding - Some people are just like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Few coincidences where RV Pythons have been concerned to date, but thanks for the info Rob.

Hi again,

I have just been looking at the previous threads, and was hoping to not get into any of the previous debate as it seemed to go off the point. All I am after is info re the kit, and its quality from people who have dealt with the suppliers, and have hands on experience of building one. I just thought that would be a more impartial view of the reality and viability of stripping my car or not. There are lots of things that attract me other than it being based on a car I happen to own as a potentiol doner, but sidecarbod has given good advice re this. I dont know who Mark Logan is or why Wilf seems perhaps a little suspicious and abrupt? I dont want to get off on the wrong foot as I see from previous threads the potential for accusations to fly and spoil what I intended to be a straightforward question. I have put in my real name so am not hiding anything, have no contact with either side in the past goings on, or the manufacturer. I live and work in Blackpool in the local health service as a therapist so am far removed from the motor trade. If you want to know anything else please just ask! All I ask is for sound impartial knowledgable advice please, Not a repeat of anything that has been said already. Thanks. Keith.

Hi Keith. And Welcome.I'm sorry but some of the confusion was caused by me! We tend to go on the back foot when a newbie comes along asking pertinant questions that may result in a slanging match.I believe the Python is now produced by someone here in the UK. The best I can offer is a look though Home - Steve Says "UK Section" and see if it turns up.
    Chris
    Ex AK427 351Cleveland T5WC

Keith - you are a victim of coincidence as far as the "other" Mr Logan is concerned.

After all the cr*p that has flown around here on the subject of Pythons, you must forgive us our suspicions.

Thanks for your intro, welcome, and I hope you find the answers you seek........

isnt the south african kit based on an E34 bmw ?
    ---------------------------

Danny

L&R Ram 3.9 RV8 - now gone.

http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/sho...00/ppuser/5647

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast