Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regular meets?

Regular meets?

Are there any regular club meets in Hertfordshire, Essex, north London, Buckinghamshire or anywhere near-ish Welwyn Garden City? I feel like a lonely Cobra-phile at present and want to be sociable...

Paul

Hi CobraBoy

Meets are generally held first Sunday of the month at the Halfway House pub on the A127. You can get more info at www.snaketorque.co.uk - Bilko is the guy who runs the Herts/Essex etc club. I live in Buntingford and there are a few Cobras here who go to the meets.

Thank you, viperman. That is not far from where I live. I shall see about getting along to some meets at some point.

Paul

I have seen a couple of cobs + some 60's mustangs in pup car park in Hertford Heath. I own a ram,willing to meet up for a run out on a Sunday for a few hours.
    steve

I've been to the Hertford Heath meet a few times. I started going when I was still at school! Of course, I can barely remember that far back...

I'd be up for that. I don't own a Cobra yet but wouldn't mind a closer look at your cars! When it's fixed (I rolled it last year), I may well turn up in my Hillman Imp sprint/ hillclimb car...

Paul

I can't seem to edit my posts...

The Goat pub, Hertford Heath meet is the first Sunday of each month. There is usually a good turn out but most seem to leave at about lunch time!

Paul

Have been to the Goat and found it a bit 'snooty'. Usually get a few Cobra originals there (real 60's originals plus Mark IV's). Another first Sunday of the month meet is at the George IV pub in Baldock. Its a real mix of cars - Westfield's, Luego, Dax Rush and Cobra - fairly informal but a good crowd.

Got to be worth a look! Nice one, viperman!
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CobraBoy View Post
    I've been to the Hertford Heath meet a few times. I started going when I was still at school! Of course, I can barely remember that far back...

I'd be up for that. I don't own a Cobra yet but wouldn't mind a closer look at your cars! When it's fixed (I rolled it last year), I may well turn up in my Hillman Imp sprint/ hillclimb car...

Paul
    I have been going for years too. Blimey while you were at school! I always what the gash would be like from Hailngbury College.

i used to turn up in my dad's cavalier and park it well away and wonder round with camera!

Quote Originally Posted by viperman View Post
    Have been to the Goat and found it a bit 'snooty'. Usually get a few Cobra originals there (real 60's originals plus Mark IV's). Another first Sunday of the month meet is at the George IV pub in Baldock. Its a real mix of cars - Westfield's, Luego, Dax Rush and Cobra - fairly informal but a good crowd.
    I have never found it snooty. i guess you may get the odd ponce with an expensive car who thinks he's better than everyone else though.

Rod Leach, the bloke who started the gathering and former owner of the legendary COB1 is a really nice guy
    Last edited by AC427; 25-02-09 at 11:55 AM.

What is a Luego? not some sort of dance i trust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast