Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some gentle guidence and not too much piff taking

Ok so sva passed and dvla inspection occured last week, now what should be a load of easy questions.

1) The paint is fresh (not road tarnished and about 4 months old) what is the best way to prepare/protect prior to getting frisky with the wax? Should i hard glaze then wax polish? ( and no karate kid wax on wax off jokes)

2) The jag fly off handbrake is still giving me grief(hence the 2 by 4 in one of my photo's!) in its operation so i am thinking of changing to a normal handbrake operation am i going to have any problems with the retrofit?

3) Another water leak from the top hose/manifold, i think i've fixed it as no leak today, just gave the 2 allen bolts an extra 1/8 turn tweek.

4) Grr now a slow (3 drops overnight) oil leak from the front of the sump!

5) Carpet edges are slowly peeling away as is the body roll leather, and yes i did use that damm spray on kr4p! Of to the diy store for proper evilstick tommorrow oops this morning.

6) The dashboard....hmmmm....as can be seen from the pics the dial colours and bezel colour i chose (cream dial and brass bezel) were originally for a magnolia leather and red carpet combo which i decided against at the last minute and went for traditional black with a grey carpet so i will just have to correct the colour of the guages luckily i have a spare dash and replacement guages have arrived with black faces and chrome bezels, so if anyone needs a complete dashboard with guages and switches let me know.

7) Now my biggest bug, the piffed stripes. Maybe not obvious from pics but the white stripes have a pregnant belly on the scoop and considering how much i paid for the paint i am truly miffed (and i only noticed it on the weekend), so as soon as my registration appears and plates are on the car i'm off to give give him a piece of my piffing mind... rant over feel better (almost) now.
    kind regards

Andy

2008/9 Dax De Dion, TKO600, 383 stroker .Smiles and miles 4163+ since April 2009/petrol loads (i should have gone for a desiesal!)

fuel tanks x3 / Diffs x2/ dashboard x2/wind wing x2/Dizzy cap x2/Alternator x2/gkn driveshafts /battery x2
    polishes x21

Now up for sale (need the space for a restoration)

Oops got timed out and had to relogin! Note to self pull your finger out and type faster.

pics follow:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    kind regards

Andy

2008/9 Dax De Dion, TKO600, 383 stroker .Smiles and miles 4163+ since April 2009/petrol loads (i should have gone for a desiesal!)

fuel tanks x3 / Diffs x2/ dashboard x2/wind wing x2/Dizzy cap x2/Alternator x2/gkn driveshafts /battery x2
    polishes x21

Almost forgot.

I will tidy up the engine bay now that i have time and get rid of those tie wraps and properly route the ht leads... promise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    kind regards

Andy

polishes x21

Looks pretty damned good to me Andy. Congrats
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

nice looking car. well done that man. Dave B.

On the wax/polish paint issue, just get on with it. No doubt it is a 2k system, either water based or traditional, it will be long cured by now.

Any decent wax/polish will do, everyone has their favs so use what you are happy with.

Just give it a good go with Wax polish. I use This from Frosts but there are plenty available in Halfords.

I assume you mean the slight bulge in the stripes over the scoop. I think it looks OK as probably only noticeable if you look head onto the car. At least it is just the bonnet that needs doing though if you decide to get it repainted.

The Jag handbrake is a good bit of kit and will be out the way when you try to get in and out the car. What is the problem with it?

Oil leaks are fairly standard issue. It may be the front seal bedding in or the sump gasket. Just clean it occasionally and do something if it gets worse.

Spray glue is indeed crap. Use the brush on stuff with loads of health warnings on the can.

Craig.

Built a Dax once, Long time ago, painted it blue, original huh...?

http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/ppuser/714/username/craggle

Very nice Andy Love the colour.

This is the contact adhesive I used, where I wanted a bit more strength.

As for the stripes, once you've seen something you don't like it is going to bug you I'm afraid. It does depend on what angle you look at the bonnet though, they look more pronounced on the lower photo.

Andi.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
    Dax Tojeiro, Chevy 350, Tremec TK05, 3.54 Powerloc diff. MoT'd, SVA'd, registered, taxed and insured. Now with RAC cover, just in case
    Polishes to date = 7. Engines to date = 2. Seats to date = 4. Sold

Looks pretty perfect to me! I'd be well satisfied with the results. Perhaps you are being a little hard on yourself. Fantastic colour by the way.
    Ian
    Crendon No 46 - Southern Automotive 452 cu in BBF & Tremec TKO - Starting with 510Bhp and we'll take it from there.

No longer living in Rhyl but still in North Wales
    That looks great!!!!! What's the colour?
    Cheers

Dai

I am a diplomat for peace but sometimes I have to use full contact sign language for the hard of hearing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast