My T5 gearbox...

WOOHOO!! I finally got a cosworth T5 gearbox!! But I wanted it so I can pinch the tailhousing off of it and the selector shaft... Just as well it came in bits.... Also a run in with the Police and a caution to boot! What a day to remember..
    As the TVR T5 of mine is a new one and a good one, I'm going to surgically remove the T5 TVR rear tail housing and swap it with the other... I'll of course take lots of piccys, but I was thinking of writing all this up about the different types of gearboxes, (TVR/Cossie) and the LT77 options and stuff... How do you go about doing it for Wiki? Any ideas?

The newcomer MUST be warned!!

Cobra / ******g Police

I might have a rant about it all in the cockpit... Happy/Angry feeling is confusing!!

HELLO i to have a T gear box mine came from a Ford Cosworth and plan to fit in my Hawk but the problem i have is the gear lever is about 6" to far back, am told there are 3 gear lever positions, measurements from front of bell housing are TVR 11" + TVR 15" + Cosworth 22" looks like I need the TVR 15" lever position, if can find that i will have my cosworth remote spare so if you have any parts to help my problem i may have parts for yours thanks twincams

Quote Originally Posted by twincams View Post
    HELLO i to have a T gear box mine came from a Ford Cosworth and plan to fit in my Hawk but the problem i have is the gear lever is about 6" to far back, am told there are 3 gear lever positions, measurements from front of bell housing are TVR 11" + TVR 15" + Cosworth 22" looks like I need the TVR 15" lever position, if can find that i will have my cosworth remote spare so if you have any parts to help my problem i may have parts for yours thanks twincams
    Hi

I have sent you a pm along with my mobile number...we may be able to help each other and we live fairly close.

Daryn

ps.
    Glad it worked out for you Karl

Hi!
    Yes, it's all come good! Well, as for the tail bit on my TVR gearbox, I will measure the distance, BUT hopefully Daryn may have what you are looking for! But I will measure it all the same....!

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Daryn Smith View Post
    Hi

I have sent you a pm along with my mobile number...we may be able to help each other and we live fairly close.

Daryn

ps.
    Glad it worked out for you Karl