Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Feb 28th North Wales/Cheshire Meet

Next meeting of the North Wales & Cheshire branch now on 28th Feb at Pant-yr-Ochain in Wrexham.

Meeting from lunchtime onwards for a bite to eat and a lemonade More info from Graham, contact details in Snaketorque.

Pant-yr-Ochain - Welcome - Gresford, Wrexham
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

No longer living in Rhyl but still in North Wales
    Now I might just be able to get along to that - probably in SWMBO's MX5 though then again that means she will have to drive
    Cheers

Dai

I am a diplomat for peace but sometimes I have to use full contact sign language for the hard of hearing

Maybe we could have a trip from Walsall to that.

Dennis, Geoff, Mark, Steve, Russ - what do you think.

David
    David Large
    Bald Surfer with a BRA 289

Wink

OOOhhhh.....will try to be there!
    "...55mph!!....slow enough to make you think your safe.....but fast enough to kill you!..." : Gumball Rally 1976.

Jan & Chris.
    MK II Sumo RV8

I didn't make it in Jan... too much snow!! Short of it pi$$ing it down I'll be along there in the cob...

Graham did say he likes to know rough numbers as they tend to book space. Might be worth dropping him an email, or I'll zip one across to him closer to the meet once we've a rough idea of who's going
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels

Cool meet 28th Feb

Hi, I have just joined the forum, 1 week after reading your posting for the 28th Feb. I do not have a "Cobra" yet but after watching the multi replay on Discovery of Mark Evans building is Pilgrim I decieded I could do just as well. Pease do no laugh yet but my initial thinking is I would like to use an XJ12 as the donor car keeping the V12 and auto box and if poss the power steering, sounds a bit soppy but as you get older you like things done for you. Living is this area there are no shortage of Jag parts. I would be interseted in any coments from like or other minded soles. I intend to attend your meeting on the 28th ad maybe chat over a few ideas. Hopefully I canget my son to drive and I can join you in a coke?
    Look forward to any comments.
    Dave

I'd like to go but unfortunately I'm working 6 day weeks at Shell, Stanlow, with Saturdays off.

I'm going to AK on 20th is anyone wants anything small/light taking/ picking up......
    Stan

Hi Lloyd, if it's okay I'll pop down too as you suggested a few weeks back. Like Dave I don't have a Cob yet, but I'm keen to pick some brains cos I'm hoping to finalise my manufacturer choice by the Stoneleigh bash so I can put an order in then ....
    Pete ... Fast becoming a Cobra addict ....
    Power corrupts, absolute power rules

Quote Originally Posted by dave1952 View Post
    Hi, I have just joined the forum, 1 week after reading your posting for the 28th Feb. I do not have a "Cobra" yet but after watching the multi replay on Discovery of Mark Evans building is Pilgrim I decieded I could do just as well. Pease do no laugh yet but my initial thinking is I would like to use an XJ12 as the donor car keeping the V12 and auto box and if poss the power steering, sounds a bit soppy but as you get older you like things done for you. Living is this area there are no shortage of Jag parts. I would be interseted in any coments from like or other minded soles. I intend to attend your meeting on the 28th ad maybe chat over a few ideas. Hopefully I canget my son to drive and I can join you in a coke?
    Look forward to any comments.
    Dave
    Hi Dave

welcome to the forum. Might be worth dropping an intro up in the "newbies" section as not everyone will read the regional threads.

See you on the 28th then. If its dry enough I'll be bringing the cob along. If you've not yet experienced the lunacy that is a cobra then we can always have a quick run around the block in mine if you like

Re Jag V12 , it can be done, albeit its now rare. Mainly because resale value is significantly affected, (most people want a V8 ), but also the Jag motor is heavy, not that powerful considering its size and parts are pretty expensive. Perhaps an autobox behind a V8 is another option to consider. If you are determined on the V12, then Dax offer a chassis to take that engine.

Power steering is pretty common nowadays and a worthwhile upgrade, although expect some level of pi$$ taking for having it on a "mans" car!!
    Lloyd B

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
    Hi Lloyd, if it's okay I'll pop down too as you suggested a few weeks back. Like Dave I don't have a Cob yet, but I'm keen to pick some brains cos I'm hoping to finalise my manufacturer choice by the Stoneleigh bash so I can put an order in then ....

The more the merrier!! Whats your thinking so far on who you are going for?

I've not been to this particular meet myself yet as the cobra is only just on the road and I've been to the Midlands meet instead. Didn't spot there was a branch of the club in this area until recently.

Here's hoping its dry enough for a few cobs to turn up...
    Lloyd B

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast